Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Learning, Communications and Event Management Support:
- In coordination with the MERAL Director, support the implementation of AgriFin’s communications and social media strategy to effectively share and disseminate program learning across social media and website channels, including sharing lessons on improving traffic and engagement across platforms.
- Support the Sprout Platform implement their communication and social media strategy, draft and publish bi-weekly newsletters, document, socialize, and share Sprout Platform major achievements, milestones, and updates.
- Help AgriFin achieve a strong, visible social media presence by developing concepts with viral potential and act as an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- In coordination with the Strategic Learning & Communications Lead, publish content on social media and the AgriFin website, maintaining continuity of themes, designing layout, streamlining navigation and increasing online presence to potential partners.
- Managing the technical upkeep of the AgriFin website, including ensuring its products are mobile-friendly and multi-platform ready. Where required, collaborate with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Maintain continuous insight on engagement rates with AgriFin’s social media channels and website, sharing performance regularly with the team.
- Support the coordination and planning of the Annual Learning Event (ALE), including the formation of schedules, agendas, promotions, and other event coordination in collaboration with the AgriFin and external communications teams.
- Manage AgriFin mailing lists and internal file storage system, ensuring its upkeep and organization.
- Serve as lead focal point with HQ communications teams to ensure efficient coordination and collaboration and information sharing on program work, evaluation results and communications flows.
- Engage in other communications-related activities, such as with HQ, as and when required.
- Support procurement activities of the learning and communications team as and when needed.
Research Engagements and Program Support:
- Providing research, analysis, drafting, and other support for thought leadership pieces (e.g., journal articles, op-eds, white papers) produced by MCA team and partners.
- Support relevant field research data and information gathering under the direction of the MERAL Director or delegate.
- Facilitate support to consultants and research firms in accessing program data and learnings.
- Support the MERAL Director to organize and enable the launch and successful management of AFA impact assessment work, including coordination of projects, the development and maintenance of project summaries, progress reports and status updates.
- Support the consolidated project tracking using relevant tools such as dashboards and pipelines of learning engagements based on project plans, milestones, and roadmaps agreed to with engagement leads.
- Support the maintenance program databases, including engagement data and ecosystem player data, linking information to the program website and other communications channels.
- Assist in preparing terms of reference and scopes of work, memos, justifications, quality assurance, contracting, service completion and payment requests documents while providing support and oversight for consultants as required.
- Support the program in liaising with partners, specifically towards preparation of desk reviews and field reports. This will include scheduling and planning of field visits, note taking, logistical and planning support, organizing meetings and sourcing of vendors.
- Identify and document the core information needs of central project, management, the advisory committee, donors and partners.
- Other duties as assigned to by MERAL director in support of MCA communications and outreach efforts.
There is no supervisory responsibility associated with this role, but oversight of short-term consultants and vendors may be required.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: MERAL Director.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program Director, Deputy Program Director, Country leads, Technical Managers, Communications & Learning Consultants, Finance and operations staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences or Development Studies, including Social Anthropology, Social Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Micro-finance, Business Administration, Communications and Marketing, ICT4D, Organizational Development, or Banking and Finance.
- Master’s Degree in any of the above is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage websites and social media
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent data analysis and presentation of results to a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, excellent attention to detail and ability to take ownership of tasks, being accountable for their completion with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital financial services
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, including report development, writing, and editing
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively in teams
- Experience working in Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Nigeria and/or Zambia preferred
- Excellent computer, verbal, and written communication skills, including report development, writing, and editing.
- Demonstrated competence used shared document platforms including GSuite, as well as Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Ability to use flow-chart / decision-tree design software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Highly pro-active and self-disciplined.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
The ideal candidate will have a strong curiosity for understanding complex relationships across institutions and individuals. Emotional intelligence in dealing with people working in fast-paced, outcome driven setting is essential. S/he will be an excellent writer, communicator, multi-tasker, and have excellent attention to detail, able to take ownership of tasks and follow-through until completion without much supervision. S/he will be a tolerant and flexible individual able to work in difficult and stressful environments and follow procedures. S/he will be a team-player with a positive attitude toward problem solving and conflict resolution. The successful candidate will be focused on team building; be a strategic thinker, have strong skills in project management and maintain a sense of humor.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening, and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.