Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Superintendent OF PRISONS
PG 7 (JG M)
THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY (340) POSTS
Basic Salary Scale : Ksh.48, 780 – 73,310 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on duty station Leave
Allowance: As existing in the Civil Service
Medical Cover: As provided by the Government
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Chief Inspector of Prisons, Job Group L , ( PG 6)
- a Certificate of Initial Training for Prisons Officers form the Prisons Staff Training College lasting not less than nine (9) months;
a Certificate of Initial Training for Cadet Officers from the Prisons Staff Training College lasting not less than thirteen (13) months;
a Post Graduate Diploma in Security and Correctional Science from a recognized institution;
- a Certificate in Development Course for Inspectors lasting not less than two (2) months from Prisons Staff Training College;
- a Senior Officers Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- maintained outstanding discipline record
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- managing an open prison, Borstal Institutions and Youth Corrective Training Centre; chairing Reception and Discharge Board in open and medium institutions;
- deploying officers depending on their suitability;
- validating and endorsing data entries;
- controlling prisons security and special category wings in maximum security institutions and keeping valuables and cash of prisons;
- ensuring inmates are produced in court on time; monitoring security of prisoners on transit and releasing inmates and coordination rehabilitation programs;
- managing prisons farms and industries activities;
- being second parade commanders, conducting class instructions to trainees and leading recruitment teams; supervising staff from the rank of Chief Inspector and below;
- adjudicating disciplinary cases for both staff and inmates;
- ensuring proper maintenance of hygiene and sanitation;
- providing health services; ensuring that inmates access health care; and
- providing professional services based on their areas of specialization
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
(i) Applicant should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
(ii) Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
(iv) The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
(v) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
(vi) It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
(vii) Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 5th January 2022 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time).
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P. O. BOX 30095-00100