Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
We currently seek a Junior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for assisting with financial forecasting and helping managers decide how to make decisions using financial data in ways that will ensure the greatest return. The role holder will analyze revenue and expenses to ensure effective use of capital, advise managers and Team leads about project costs, and provide support in structuring deals to help the company grow.Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a process for tracking and monitoring new budget performance against development targets.
- Undertake regular monitoring of the consolidated Team’s budgets in close coordination with Team Managers, ensuring alignment with planned budget targets and flagging issues on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to Teams’ strategy and work plan to maximize Sanergy’s financial and social returns on investment and advisory.
- Assist business units at Sanergy to build their growth & profitability models.
- Support teams to understand, monitor, and control key business metrics to achieve success.
- Extract data from internal sources, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency. Will also be the ‘go-to’ person for data for all operational/ resource support work for the teams that will be requested by management teams. Prepare progress reports and any other documentation or materials required. Preparation of sections of documents and submissions as inputs into business plans and work program agreements, mid-year and retrospective and mid-year reviews, etc.
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting principles to conduct financial analysis and prepare reports to explain financial ratios and their implications on the operations of Sanergy.
- Liaise and interact effectively with managers at senior levels and respond effectively to inquiries for diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Under the guidance of the Corporate Finance Manager, advise teams on the company context, Sanergy role, strategic fit, objectives, local markets, pipe-line, and portfolio.
- Assist the planning manager with overall operations management, planning, and monitoring of deliverables so as to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program as budgeted while maintaining a high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Provide any other assistance needed by the Corporate Finance Manager for the day-to-day coordination of activities.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations and respond quickly to queries from management and staff.
- Construct and maintain reports to analyze and report on operational and development impact performance.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience as a junior financial analyst, or in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, or any finance-related degree
- Background in accounting, e.g. CPA, CFA or ACCA qualifications (in progress or completed)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Data analytics and good IT skills – Excel, Power-Point, accounting software, and analysis applications
- Prior financial modeling skills will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized
- Good research, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills – verbal and oral
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment
30th January 2021Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE