Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Assistant Credit Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Application Deadline: 30/12/2021
Team: Customer Finance
Reporting To: Head of Credit
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Credit Assistant Manager oversees Customer Credit Assessment, Customer verification, Quality control and fraud management. Assistant Manager supervises the underwriting process for ENGIE Mobisol customers’ acquisition process. The Assistant Manager supervises a team of credit assessment officers in the department.
- Management of assessment process: Drive Credit Assessment function and build up benchmark data and ensure quality assessments.
- Implementation of (new) assessment procedures and compliance routines based on robust operating rhythm.
- Provide feedback on/ identify areas for assessment methodology and assessment process improvement
- Standardize and document procedures, workflows, process maps and work descriptions
- Develop and maintain manuals, training material, monitoring and software based/ digitalized reporting tools.
- Ensure all systems that are handed over have been audited for the correct price, customer inventory and contract are all correctly reflected on database
- The team leader is responsible to ensure that all new customers applied via mTawiand all seeking for extra appliances are educated and assessed as visible in the Data Base and those who qualified are approved on time
- To ensure that the team responds to all CF related customer cases coming in through CC using the ticketing system, explaining loan account issues to customers.
- Responsible for payments management which include paying out compensation’s payments to customers, including payments related to CRC, staff discount and other compensation. Following up on uncredited payments and transferring these to right loan accounts.
- Contribute Ideas of continuous improvement (CIP) of the department, especially where directly applicable to assigned tasks
- Monitor & actively manage aspects of risk management and investigate fraud & tamperingand escalate for action to be taken.
- Compliance assurance: In charge of local monitoring and reporting.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help A2E realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results as a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity as an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team as an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusions as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
- Quality assessments
- Portfolio quality
- Team Performance
- S/he is accountable for adherence of company’s policies and procedures
- S/he is accountable for adherence to the company’s budget.
Knowledge and skills
- 4 years’ Experience in Credit analysis and Lending in the microfinance sector.
- High Level of familiarity with typical income, expenditure and cashflow patterns of rural and per -urban households and micro-enterprises in assigned portfolio, including farmers, animal breeders, business owners and employees.
- Professional experience in traditional bottom of the pyramid (BoP) lending and underwriting process and technique preferably in microfinance sector.
- Proven ability to analyze larger sets of data and strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of customer acquisition process
- Knowledge about market and business risks associated with typical EEA Kenya customers
- Experience in customer relationship management.
- Experience in team management.
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in business administration or any other related field
- CPA qualifications is an additional plus.
- Computer literacy, particularly good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!