Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Working time: 100%
- (Hierarchically): Field Coordinator, Dadaab
- (Functionally): Logistics Manager
Number of subordinates: 4 Drivers, Cooks & Cleaners
Context: Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011. Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camps and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implements health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
General description of the position: The Area Logistics Officer is supervised by the Field Coordinator in Dadaab with technical reporting line to Logistics Manager at the country coordination office.
The Area Logistics Officer will support the effective operation of Tdh Dadaab Office and related program activities by implementing a holistic supply chain system, fleet management and providing general logistics support in accordance with Tdh Logistics policies and procedures with relevant donor requirements.
He or she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
He or she assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization. Tdh intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion or financial profit.
Responsibility: The Area Logistic Officer adhere and respects Tdh logistic standard and policy in line with donor guidelines in all aspect of purchase policies and procedures, quality control and the delivery of the purchases to destination.
Aim: To support on logistics and procurement activities in Dadaab
The Area Logistic Officer is responsible to organize all relevant transportation (road, air) for Tdh staffs at Dadaab level: International and national staffs, consultants, partners, official members. This includes:
Movement & Accommodation
- On a weekly basis, to receive and compile from departmental heads and Security Focal Point, the weekly movements plans for Dadaab. This is including both movement plans between bases and internal movement within Dadaab
- Consolidate and disseminate movement plans to the bases Security Focal Point and the Logistic Manager for approval before planned trip(s) .
- In collaboration with the Senior Driver, organize for any road transport to and from Dadaab
- Ensure arrangements for security for any movement in Dadaab and to Garissa
- Ensure controls for the refuelling of the vehicles as per the laid-out procedures.
- To receive requests from different departments and facilitate movement of cargo or parcel shipment to the Nairobi Office. To prepare and archive the adequate documentations (waybill, packing list).
- With support from the Supply chain officer- Nairobi, make booking reservation for hotel/accommodation for all Tdh staffs visiting Dadaab (international and nationals’ staffs, consultants, partners).
Reporting on fleet:
- Ensure that the drivers fill in the log sheets for both fuel and movement in a coherent manner and copies sent to Nairobi office at the end of each month.
- Compile the monthly fuel and service follow-up matrix for Dadaab-based vehicles and submit to the Logistics Officer- Nairobi
Supply Chain Management:
Procurement, delivery of items / services
- Ensure proper documentation of the PSRs raised in Dadaab, proper numbering, and items descriptions is done.( He/she will be in charge of issuing out PSRs numbers.)
- Archiving of the purchase file once completed (local purchases)
- Following up quotations and orders with the local suppliers in coordination with the Supply chain officer
- Ensuring that all documentation relating to the voucher programmes is submitted to Nairobi in a coherent manner and counter checked for any errors.
- Ensuring that items delivered by the field-based suppliers is of acceptable quality.
- Ensuring that items collected by beneficiaries under the Cash Based Voucher programmes are in tandem with the framework agreements e.g. pricing and commodity packaging and that the invoices are clearly filled in and submitted to Nairobi in a timely manner.
- Submission of invoices to Nairobi office for payment – ensure that all the relevant documentation is in place and in order before submission for payment.
Reporting on procurement
- In liaison with the Supply chain officer in Nairobi, regularly update the procurement follow up tracker within Dadaab to facilitate result-based management.
Asset & Stock Management
- Personnel equipment and Equipment allocation sheets for each Tdh Staff are filled and archived
- Tagging of all assets in the location.
- Physical asset and inventory count (twice a year) in collaboration with the Logistics Officer Nairobi.
- Assets reallocation tracking- Responsible for updating the Logistics Officer Nairobi whenever an asset is re-allocated to a different user.
Stock & Inventory:
- Update all relevant tools (stock cards, stock list, delivery notes, etc)to ensure all movements (in and out of the store) are well captured
- Organize the stock with a proper segregation of stored goods by donor/program
- Do regular inventories (monthly) for the different item in the store checking/monitoring on the expiry of the commodities
- Reception of the items and checking of the quality & quantity as per the purchase orders
- Preparation Release Order Form (ROF) for items to be dispatched
- Ensure that all items are stored in good condition and that any missing or damaged goods are reported immediately to the line manager
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of the storage facilities
Reporting on Asset & stock
- Prepare monthly stock reports and submit to Logistic Officer in Nairobi.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Logistics Manager and/or Field Coordinator and that are compatible with the job.
- 3 years’ experience within the Logistics department in an INGO
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics Management or stores management and stock control.
- Relevant experience in procurement, fleet, asset, and stock management
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and internet)
- Ability to report and write official letters/reports in English.
- Ability to be flexible and to work Independently
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills for team management and TDH representation.
- Understanding, interest, and commitment to Humanitarian activities.
Languages: Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Ability to communicate in Somali is a plus
Other: Working knowledge of Dadaab context is a plus.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their applications letter and detailed CVs to KEN.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Locals and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for the application of this position is 29th December 2021.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer