Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Full Time Faculty – Midwifery
School of Nursing & Midwifery
Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery (SONAM) in Kenya and East Africa is a vibrant academic community dedicated to the provision of transformational learning, teaching and research that makes a leading contribution to improving the health and well-being of communities. Teaching faculty are all engaged in active clinical practice, research, and professional leadership with a specialty focus on delivery of upgrade programmes for working nurses and midwives and Masters in Advanced Practice Nursing and Advanced Practice Midwifery with plans to commence a generic Bachelor of Science in Nursing in a couple of years.
The School is recruiting a suitably qualified and experienced academic midwifery faculty who will be based at SONAM’s campus in Nairobi, Kenya. The role offers excellent career development opportunities for faculty passionate about improving maternal child health outcomes and building clinical leadership and service delivery capacity within Kenya’s midwifery practice. The incumbent will be research active and will work well within a team possessing excellent teaching, learning and communication skills.
Applicants must have credentials commensurate with appointment at the level of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer with a strong academic research background and demonstrated experience in teaching, learning and communicating. Registration or eligibility for registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) is essential.
CUE requirements for Lecturer and Senior Lecturer academic faculty are detailed in the University Standards and Guidelines 2014 http://www.cue.or.ke/
The Faculty Midwifery will be:
- Teaching and learning of courses with SONAM’s accredited nursing, midwifery and continuing professional development programmes
- Utilizing Innovative pedagogy and digital technology to facilitate learning centered approach
- Actively contributing to the body of nursing and midwifery knowledge through engaging in research, grant writing and publication
- Providing support as faculty advisors to students enrolled in various programmes at SONAM in academic, professional and social welfare issues
- Working in collaboration with AKU entities, partners and stakeholders
- Engaging actively in clinical/professional practices in midwifery,
- Maintaining his/her own continuous professional development to enhance scholarship of teaching and learning, clinical expertise, research and leadership
- Engaging of undergraduate and graduate supervision
- Must be a PHD holder and possess a Masters degree in Midwifery
- Should be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK).
- Must have a valid practicing license
- Should have at least four years’ experience in higher education
- Have at least four publication points as stipulated by the Commission of University Education (CUE)
- Should possess excellent communication/interpersonal, organisational, and counselling skills
- Should be clinically active and competent
How To Apply