Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The position’s primary focus & responsibilities are related to the project management and delivery of CI’s responsibilities pertaining to the GCF Funded TWENDE project; across the three landscapes as described in the project document. The position is expected to be based in Nairobi or in one of the field locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental management, rural enterprise development, or any other relevant field.
- At least 4 to 6 year’s of experience in conservation or rural enterprise development project management.
- Strong experience delivering enterprise development and technical assistance to community groups and local SMEs, including small grants facilities.
- Deep knowledge of the rangelands economy in Kenya and beyond. Experience in overseeing the restoration and climate resilience interventions, in arid and semi-arid context.
- Proven track record in pastoral and agro-pastoral community engagement.
- Strong experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and public donors.
- A self-starter able to work remotely under minimal supervision.
- Ability to start work in the short term.
- Eligible to live and work in Kenya without employer’s sponsorship.
The position’s primary focus & responsibilities are related to the project management and delivery of the GCF funded TWENDE project: Reporting into the TWENDE Technical lead, the individual is responsible for Project Management functions including:
- Oversee our Service Providers in the field implementation of their TWENDE project activities across 3 landscapes (Chyulu Hills, Mid-Tana, and Sabarwawa landscape). Monitor contracted service provider activities in the field to ensure quality, timely, and efficiency in delivery in line with contractual agreements.
- Play a central role in the design and implementation of activities encompassing enterprise development grants and facilitating technical assistance to community and local enterprises.
- Assist the CI Technical Lead and CI Program Director in engaging all field-based project stakeholders including TWENDE project partners, government institutions, communities, development sector, private sector, etc.
- Take a thought leadership role in working with CI and external stakeholders in designing and implementing landscape-wide program implementation through factoring in complimentary CI and partner projects active across the 3 landscapes, while ensuring the approaches remain closely aligned to those of other TWENDE project stakeholders.
- Play a central role in compiling field-based project reports and communication materials.
- Ensure continuous delivery risk assessment and mitigation measures are put in place.
- Contribute to CI’s overarching strategy in the Northern Kenya landscape, as well as the Kenya country strategy.
- Actively engage and work with relevant colleagues in developing new and complementary program opportunities in the TWENDE project landscapes.
- Collaborate closely with Southern Kenya manager based in Chyulu Hills.
- Offer support to the technical lead on other cross-cutting thematic functions as may be delegated from time to time.
- Any other project-specific roles may be assigned by the supervisor.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours to meet deadlines as needed.
- This is a position eligible to persons who have the right to work in Kenya without CI sponsorship
- The position is for a fixed term for a period of 2.5 years.
How To Apply