Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
At Capwell Industries Limited, we manufacture high quality maize flour, pulses, rice, porridge and wheat flour using the best processes and modern technology available.
The Category Manager shall drive the execution of the agreed Category Strategy by managing all elements of the marketing mix to deliver short, medium and long-term category and company objectives with key focus on revenue, market share and profitability growth and delivery.
Key responsibilities shall include
- The development and implementation of consumer/trade/competitor research programs to enable accurate tracking of market/brand dynamics as input into specific category strategy formulation.
- The development of 3-year strategic plan and annual brand plans with clearly defined objectives, strategies, and action plans to deliver the portfolio volume, contribution and market share growth targets.
- Ensuring team adherence to the laid down systems and processes for development, implementation and monitoring of marketing programmes as outlined in the annual brand plan (ATL/BTL) within agreed costs and timings to assist in achievement of volume, profit and market share targets.
- To develop and ensure execution of Category Range Architecture that clearly defines the core brand values, essence and proposition in consumer terms which forms the basis of all future marketing activities/programs.
- Accountability for the development and efficient deployment of Category annual marketing budget to ensure that expenditure is in line with the agreed brand plan.
- Development of short- and long-term Category gross margin plans and ensure delivery of the same through cross functional business teams in the specific category.
- Lead the category innovation program geared at building value for the business by competitively exploiting new opportunities that not only meet consumer needs but that are also aligned with the business overall strategy and thereby build sustainable long-term value.
- Support and develop direct reports by monitoring, coaching and identifying appropriate training programs to enable them to meet job expectations within the context of an overall career development plan.
- Build positive working relationships with cross functional teams and support agencies.
The ideal candidate shall possess
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business management, Commerce, Marketing or other related discipline with 10+ years of brand marketing experience with at least 3 at senior level.
- A proven record of success at marketing manager level in a large organization with multiple categories and must possess significant category management experience and with an established track record in the field of marketing.
- FMCG experience is strongly desired.
- Strong leadership skills in all aspects of managing categories, projects as well as stakeholders’ interactions.
How To Apply
**Interested candidates should submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Category Manager in the subject line.