Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
POSITIONS: General Manager, Corporate Credit Origination
- Serve as the Head of Corporate Credit Risk Analysis; Corporate Credit Administrations; Project Management; and Trade Operations.
- Overall responsibility for Portfolio Management; Credit Administration; and Project Management within Corporate Banking, as well as Trade Operations.
- Custodian of the Bank’s Corporate Credit Risk Processes, Procedures and Activities, with the objective of providing leadership, direction, preserving and enhancing the Bank’s risk capital and financial sustainability, in line with the Corporate Goals and Objectives.
- Closely work with the relevant stakeholders from the origination to monitoring, playing a vital role in deal structuring to add value from a credit/policy perspective.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
- Participate and contribute to cross-selling the Bank’s product
- Deal Origination,Transaction Processing and Facilitation
- Allocate resource and support Corporate Branches on deal origination.
- Supervise the team on interacting with clients; gather deal requirements; financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Review the team’s structuring of credit solutions for clients and ensuring the appropriateness of products offered.
- Supervise preparation and securing of approvals for Term Sheets, wherever required
- Responsible for end-to-end credit proposal process.
- Responsible for ensuring the team’s compliance of all internal and regulatory policies and processes, with respect to credit analysis.
- Responsible for managing optimal Trade Operations.
Post Deal Account Monitoring,Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Ensure the team promptly carries out interim credit proposal reviews and amendments, as the business demands.
- Oversee to ensure zero facility renewal overdue and extensions, in addition to not breaching the required threshold of lower of 5 or 5% credit applications every month.
- Liaise with Credit Risk on credit proposal and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Ensure the team’s proper maintenance of Clients’ credit files and making them audit ready, at all times
- Attend accounts downgraded to Watch status/Portfolio calls, along with the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the team’s preparation and seeking periodic approval, where applicable on Covenants and Risk Triggers report.
- Ensure the team works in partnership with the Relationship Managers, ensuring timely identification of accounts to be downgraded to Watch status, as per the Bank’s policies and guidelines.
- Support the Trade Operation team to maintain excellent relationships between the Bank and its clients, as well as internal customers.
- Seasoned banker with proven networks among Corporate, Preferably not less than 7 years in the bank
- An under-graduated degree from a well-recognized university with bias to a business related field or marketing
- Passionate, highly self – motivated, energetic and enthusiastic team player who is change oriented and customer focused
- Demonstrate an ability to build and manage relationships and influence various stakeholders to deliver business
- High networking skills with high level understanding of the financial sector needs for the different sectors of the economy
- Results oriented and an excellent communicator both orally and in writing