Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Contract Type: Full time
Your Role: As a Retail Category Sales Manager you will develop our category strategies anchored in data insights and supported by strong partnerships with our suppliers. This is a key leadership position where you will shape KOKO’s Club long term success as we expand assortment and physical footprint. You will be a member of the Commercial team, working directly with the KOKO Club leadership team and closely with Field Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Analytics and Finance. This is a role that requires strategic thinking, business analysis, clear communication and persuasion skills. We are looking for an individual with a strong track record in delivering sales targets and margin improvement. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience in sales roles in both Kenya modern and traditional trade.
What You Will Bring To KOKO
- We are looking for a hands-on leader that is both business savvy as well as a strategic thinker and who is passionate about shaping a new business.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in retail sales roles with exposure to both Kenya modern and traditional trade.
- Strong track record in delivering sales targets and margin improvement.
- Excels in business analysis, concept selling, spotting market trends and unveiling shopper insights.
- You are a strong leader, very confident and competent at interacting with other individuals, especially external stakeholders.
- You have excellent communication and persuasion skills in any medium.
- You have a growth mindset; a willingness to own problems.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, have a passion to roll up your sleeves and get things done, improve processes, and have a natural sense of optimism.
- You’re able to easily switch between long-term strategic thinking and short-term tactical planning.
Responsibilities What You Will Bring To KOKO:
- You will be a senior leader in the organization, defining the KOKO Club category assortment vision and roadmap, identifying opportunities to innovate and drive value for our consumers, agents and suppliers.
- You will be responsible for identifying and closing joint business plan agreements with the right suppliers, always ensuring trade terms are competitive with other industry players.
- You will be responsible for a number of categories, where you will define the distribution, pricing, promotion, shelving and merchandising strategies in close partnership with our suppliers.
- You will lead the overall business review process to ensure we surface learnings quickly and keep moving in line with our growth targets.
- You’ll create an environment that fosters high quality, metrics-driven experimentation and sets high standards for how we measure success.
- You’ll work closely with supply chain to aid demand forecasting, with field sales to ensure deployed strategies are executed seamlessly, with marketing to coordinate consumer activities, with research & analytics to guide what metrics to monitor, and with finance & accounting for budgeting and payment purposes.
- You will bring and build deep retail knowledge and experience; people across the company will look to you as an expert; and you leverage it through teaching, guiding and coaching others.
- You will develop strong partnerships with the broader KOKO networks team so that we keep growing the KOKO brand and find synergies with existing and future businesses.
How To Apply