Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Signaling Core Engineer
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What you will learn and contribute to
Proactively plans and performs advanced technical activities requiring knowledge in multiple areas or on a system level to service the customer. Prioritizes work based on customer impact, and brings expertise to customer site on need basis.
Main Responsibility Area
Identifies and solves proactively demanding problems and communicates them to key stakeholders. Participates as an expert in own technology area in customer projects. May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty. Is active in networking and knowledge sharing. Develops processes, tools and working methods.
Your skills and experience
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field, or with BS equivalent in years in experience.
• Proven experience (5+ years) in Mobile Core (STP, DRA, AAA, Policy Control)
• Experience in CS Core (MSS/MGW) will be preferred
Experience in VMWare will be preferred
Experience of working on both Virtualized and Bare-metal solutions (above products) will be preferred
• Is a change agent. Has the ability to change the tone of a call and persuade others to follow their technical lead.
• Ability to multi-task, managing a live bridge with customer and troubleshoot on live network. Knows how to buy time with tact.
• Decisive and able to make difficult decisions. Prioritizing and takes appropriate actions, yet willing to be held accountable for those decisions and actions.
• Proven presentation and training skills.
• Capable to utilize and create advanced troubleshooting tools and methods.
• Knowledge in system level parameters and understand KPIs
• Must have practical debug experiences with complex system designs
• Expertise on handling Protocol Analyzer Tools and Internal Message Monitoring
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong experience and understanding of Cellular Networks (GMS, UMTS, LTE) and IP Networks
- Experience with Implementation, Integration, Acceptance Tests, O&M and/or Care for Telecommunication Products
- Competences/Expertise in GSM/UMTS/LTE system validation (end-to-end performance, KPI handling, mobile devices)
- Experience in Emergency Support activities
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
How To Apply
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.