Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has Outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The Hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the following position:
Manager – Housekeeping & Laundry
Ref. No: AKHK/HK/MHL/12/21
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Head of Hospitality, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring smooth operations of the Housekeeping and Laundry Services within the Main Hospital and Outreach Clinics to ensure provision of a healthy, clean and sanitary environment for all users and visitors of AKHK in line with the hospital’s goals and objectives.
- Develop work plans and standard operating procedures to ensure smooth flow of work processes.
- Create the duty Rota for the department, to ensure adequate coverage and resource allocation at all times
- Supervise departmental staff and give them feedback/guidance to ensure that quality service is being delivered at all times.
- Lead and direct staff in Hospital quality initiatives in line with the institutional initiatives.
- Organise and ensure that audits and spot-checks are regularly carried out.
- Ensure proper Waste Segregation is done as per policy and monitor compliance to Infection Control policies.
- Participate in drawing of department budget and Manage and control stocks in relation to costs and financial targets.
- Ensure staff are trained on use of new and existing equipment and machines.
- Carry out daily monitoring of Housekeeping and Laundry Machines to ensure their functionality and ensure the PPM is done on the equipment/machines as scheduled.
- Diploma in Housekeeping / Laundry.
- Degree in Hospitality Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in a managerial/supervisory position in hospitality or related field.
- Good Interpersonal skills and Public Relations skills.
- Financial, budgeting, organizational and stock-management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and reference number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 7th January 2022.
The email subject line MUST include Position title and Ref. number being applied for i.e., “MANAGER- HOUSEKEEPING & LAUNDRY AKHK/HK/MHL/12/21”.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting and medical examination).
“Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”.