Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and proactive Kenyan National for the following position: Driver. The position is based in Nakuru County, and reports to the Procurement and Logistics Assistant.
The main responsibilities of the driver are:
- Driving and fleet management
- Ensure safe and secure driving of DCA staff, visitors, assets and support field missions
- Maintain daily vehicle and motorcycles logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs and oversee that other drives do the same
- Assist in all areas of Fleet Management including vehicle and motorcycle registration, insurance, maintenance, security, usage monitoring, vehicle ownership transfers and disposal
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle and motorcycle: insurance, logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle
- Oversee and ensure that all vehicles and motorcycles comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Provide general administrative and logistic support as needed
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
- Liaise with suppliers to support the ProLog in procurement and logistics functions
- Assist in managing the daily logistical issues of staff transport services, by working closely with the Finance & Admin Officer and relevant service providers
- Update staff on various emerging traffic issues in the operational area
- Follow up on Protocol matters for the organization and its eligible staff
- Submit applications and follow up with relevant Government Ministries for approval of exemption and regulatory documents, issuance of motor vehicle number plates and logbooks as necessary
- Log official trips in the official logbooks
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor/designate
- Minimum secondary school education (KCSE or Equivalent)
- Valid and clean B-C-E driving License with over three years driving experience
- Practical knowledge in basic mechanics and vehicle diagnostics
- Certified defensive driver and possession of basic first aid training and certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Kiswahili
- High level of self-motivation, integrity, commitment to humanitarian and development work
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills
The deadline for applications is: 9th January 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The position is for 1 year (renewable). DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.