Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Legal Officer – Job Grade “7” – One (1) Post – Advert Ref: No. KWS/64/2021
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya. The Service seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced individuals to replace previous holders of the under-listed position:
Reporting to the Chief Manager Legal Services, the overall responsibility will be handling of legal and secretarial matters within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participating in drawing and vetting of contracts, leases and the legal agreements;
- Attending to litigation matters in court and ensuring that cases involving the Service are defended before the courts successfully;
- Compiling information and evidence on cases;
- Participating in negotiations of treaties and contracts between the company and other parties/organizations;
- Providing legal opinions/advice and reports on legal matters as required;
- Interpreting legal instruments and statutes;
- Participating in filing and maintenance court proceedings;
- Safe custody of company documents, other records and securities;
- Negotiating disputes with customers and other parties with a view to settling them out of court;
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time;
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Membership with a relevant professional body
- Three (3) years working experience in a large institution
- Experience in handling litigation in court;
Interested and qualified individuals should download the KWS APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT FORM on the website, fill and forward the same enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of three (3) referees to the address below not later than 3rd January, 2022 at 4.30pm.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Short-listed candidates will be required to obtain and be in possession of the following documents at the interview stage:-
Police Clearance Certificate.
Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (Where applicable).
Clearance from Kenya Credit Reference Bureau.
rNB: The Service shall submit names of all shortlisted candidates to EACC for integrity verification as per the new guideline hence submission of self-declaration form is not a mandatory requirement at this stage.
KWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, youth, women, people living with disabilities and those from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.