Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DECLARATION OF VACANCIES IN THE KITUI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”
Pursuant to the above provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from suitably qualified persons who wish to be considered for the positions listed below:
Director – Fisheries,
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 03’ (R)
ONE (1) POST
Terms of Service: Contract
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Served in the grade of Deputy Director of Fisheries for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- A certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting at least six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Shown competence in planning and implementation of development, management and research of fisheries projects and programs
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge of the Fisheries development and management policies, Fisheries Act and other related Statutes and international conventions; and
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating and implementing of fisheries policies, programmes and strategies;
- Evaluating, monitoring, control and surveillance systems;
- Monitoring the implementation of regional and international fisheries agreements;
- Coordinating the strengthening of fisheries extension services;
- Promoting co-operation between the fisheries sector and local/international stakeholders;
- Implementation of multilateral projects and programmes;
- Undertaking cost effective research to advance national and sectoral priorities;
- Promoting fish marketing and value addition;
- Harmonizing fisheries technical training in liaison with relevant institutions; and
- Undertaking and monitoring and evaluation activities.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200
Important information to all Candidates
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before 31st December, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment process. Qualified women, persons with disability and those from minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.