Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DECLARATION OF VACANCIES IN THE KITUI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”
Pursuant to the above provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from suitably qualified persons who wish to be considered for the positions listed below:
Director – Housing,
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 03’ (R)
ONE (1) POST
Terms of Service: Contract
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Served in the grade of Deputy Director, Housing for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields:- Housing Administration; Urban Management; Urban/Regional Planning; Valuation and Property Management; Architecture, Interior Design; Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Structural Engineering; Building Economics; Land Economics; Estate Management; Building/ Construction Management; Quantity Survey or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields:- Housing Administration; Urban Management; Urban/Regional Planning; Valuation and Property Management; Architecture, Interior Design; Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Structural Engineering; Building Economics; Land Economics; Estate Management; Building/ Construction Management; Quantity Survey or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Registered by any of the following professional bodies: Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors; Engineers Registration Board; Institute of Surveyors of Kenya; Physical Planners Registration Board; Valuer’s Registration Board or any other relevant and recognized professional body.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulation of Housing Policies;
- Promotion of participatory approaches and capacity building in the Housing development process;
- Liaising with stakeholders to establish and maintain land banks for housing development;
- Proper management of resources for housing and human settlements development;
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of housing programmes and advising the County Government on housing matters;
- Promotion of appropriate building materials and construction technologies; and
- Management and maintenance of County Government owned houses.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200
Important information to all Candidates
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before 31st December, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment process. Qualified women, persons with disability and those from minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.