Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DECLARATION OF VACANCIES IN THE KITUI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”
Pursuant to the above provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from suitably qualified persons who wish to be considered for the positions listed below:
Principal Weights and Measures Officer,
JG ‘CPSB 06’ (N)
ONE (1) POST
Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Served in the grade of Chief Weights and Measures Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Law, Metrology, Information Communication Technology, Instrumentation, Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics), Micro – processors or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Advanced certificate of the Institute of Trade Standards Administration (Kenya);
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognised institution;
- Be a member of the Institute of Trade Standards Administration (Kenya);
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognised institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Supervising testing and stamping of mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring equipment activities;
- Analysing data collected from verified equipment at traders premises, stamping stations and verification office;
- Testing of mechanical crane weighers, axle weighers, weighbridges, personal weighers, bulk meters, non-automatic machines, beer measuring instruments and egg grading machines;
- Testing of class II mechanical and electronic scales used for pharmaceutical dispensing and jewellery trade;Testing and stamping of mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring equipment;
- Oversee setting up testing equipment during inspection and recording test results during inspections and investigations;
- Sampling pre-packaged goods for quantitative analysis;
- Calibrating prover tanks and other working standards and equipment;
- Maintaining Secondary Reference Standards;
- Carrying out inspection on internal controls by the manufacturers and measuring systems including software for data processing of measuring results;
- Inspecting wholesale and retail trading premises on the use of weighing and measuring equipment;
- Conducting prosecution of cases on offences arising from infringement of the Weights and Measures Act (Cap 513), the Trade Descriptions Act (Cap 505) and regulations made there under;
- Prepare publicity materials for participation in trade fairs exhibitions;
- Collecting and accounting for Appropriation in Aid (A.I.A);
- Requisition for workshop tools and verification materials;
- Delivering lectures at trader’s courses; and
- Guiding and mentoring staff working under the office.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200
Important information to all Candidates
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before 31st December, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment process. Qualified women, persons with disability and those from minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.