Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Closing date for applications 7 January 2022
Duration of contract: 1 year
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya- Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Area Manager, the M&E Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Managers in preparing weekly, monthly, Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work in close collaboration with field project team and Country office programme team.
Data Monitoring & Reporting
- Support and lead monitoring & evaluation and reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist project managers in communicating data to internal and external stakeholders
- Support the communication team in collecting success stories and narratives to complement data collected, i.e. mixed methods M&E
- Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes for internal and external reporting
Data Analysis & Data Quality
- Carry out detailed monthly data reviews and share findings with project teams and management
- Conduct routine data quality audits for quality assurance, to improve on the information being used for decision making.
- Facilitate collaboration with project managers to use data trends to inform program implementation and QA activities
- Conduct additional analyses in support of understanding program performance and opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with project teams to track progress on project objectives and indicators and inform implementation strategy using monitoring data
M& E framework Development
- Develop, design and regularly review program monitoring and evaluation tools and structures for new and existing programs, including building tools and data collection processes, and providing feedback to management and Programs team on results to guide decision-making
- Develop, maintain and regularly update the indicator performance tracking tool
- Support data collection for ongoing studies/ assessments in collaboration with Programs teams
- Facilitate planned program assessments, surveys and evaluations
- Analyze data and provide feedback related to assessments, surveys and evaluations
Additional M&E responsibilities
- Working together with sector officers, participate in preparation of quality proposals and concept notes to meet the donor requirements.
- Assist the sector officers to develop detailed implementation plans (DIPs), budgets and resource requirements to meet planned objectives.
- Contribute to capacity building of the project team on Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and data management
- Any other duty, as guided by line manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or other related field.
- Proven experience in implementing effective M&E systems.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience in a humanitarian context, with at least 2 years management experience in preferably Protection and Education programs in INGO context.
- Demonstrated management experience with the ability to engage and motivate staff in a challenging environment.
- Possess working knowledge and experience of humanitarian principles, laws and standards – Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Sphere Minimum Standards, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Rights Based Approach (RBA) and Gender Age Marker.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive socio-political situations and working and living under pressure in unstable security environments and with long and irregular working hours would be an added advantage.
- Experience with mobile Data Collection tools and techniques using KOBO, ODK. Survey CTO
- Experience developing and supporting data visualizations for M&E, ideally using Power BI, Superset, Klipfolio and/or Tableau
- Experience generating descriptive statistics using a statistical analysis software (STATA, SPSS, R)
- Experience with M&E for donor reporting is a strong plus
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.