Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Associate/ Purchase Officer, MMD Administration – (210001O2)
Associate/ Purchase Officer
Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Assistant Manager, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management in the PSCM Division.
The Associate/ Purchase Officer will be responsible for pharmaceutical and OPEX procurement and to coordinate the procurement of pharmaceuticals in the Pharmacy Main Stores and Procurement and Supply Chain Management Division.
- Provide relevant data with analysis to Opex Procurement Manager, PSCMD Director, and Chief Pharmacists to establish “optimum levels” for all supplies categorized as Pharmaceuticals while ensuring no stock-outs of pharmaceutical supplies.
- Determine the criticality of products (to ensure all critical life-saving products are in stock) which requires working very closely with the Chief Pharmacist / Head of Pharmacy.
- Ensure that all items in the Pharmacy Stores are replenished, and all non-stock items requested are purchased efficiently. This requires that purchase orders are raised promptly and efficiently dispatched to the respective suppliers according to set institutional policies and procedures.
- Ensure that purchase order copies are adequately accounted for and maintain control and traceability of each purchase order raised.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports related to stock, cost savings, and stock status is provided.
- Obtain competitive quotes and give support in negotiations with suppliers.
- Take a lead role in the monitoring and evaluation of pharmaceutical procurement contracts and price agreements.
- Carry out supplier performance evaluation as per standard operating procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Pharmacist, PSCMD Director or Manager
- Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management or Pharmaceutical technology.
- Business concentration degree with a Diploma in Pharmaceutical technology combination.
- At least 2 years experience in a supply chain role preferably in a hospital environment
- CIPS and KISM membership will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office – MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Excellent telephone handling skills
- Excellent customer service skills and shows empathy to patients of all ages
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision, as may be required
- Capacity to manage several tasks and requests simultaneously
- Good grooming and self-presentation
- Team player, critical thinker with good time management skills
- Proficiency in both written and spoken business English
How To Apply