Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Medical Physicist, Radiation Therapy – (210001O9)
Senior Medical Physicist
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU, http://www.aku.edu) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in multiple health science and social science disciplines, carries out research pertinent primarily to low- and middle-income countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff.
The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As a leading international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access. The Medical College has 4-year Master of Medicine degrees in anaesthesia, family medicine, medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, pathology, radiology, and surgery.
Currently the University offers fellowship programmes in the following specialties: Cardiology, Infectious Diseases, Neonatology and Paediatric Neurology.
The position holder is required to provide to assist in the selection, smooth operation and maintenance of all radiation equipment, as well as be responsible for Quality Assurance tests of radiotherapy equipment to ensure compliance with quality standards, radiation safety and security policies. Be responsible for providing consultation during CT simulation, treatment planning, dose distributions and monitor unit calculations, beam data management, making sure the radiation safety culture within the department, provide trainings to technicians, implementation of new treatment modalities and consultation with Oncologists.
- Assist in the selection of radiotherapy equipment as per vendor specifications and departmental requirements.
- Perform acceptance testing and commissioning of radiotherapy equipment, along with beam data measurements and beam configuration.
- Responsible for calibration of all radiotherapy equipment and overseeing quality assurance in the procedures performed and treatment provided.
- Ensure that all equipment is calibrated/tested as per departmental policies & procedures
- Monitors performance of all radiotherapy equipment and provides feedback on equipment replacement
- Provide simulation consultation, perform Iso-dose planning and maintain patient data as part of treatment planning
- Assist in dose calculation formalism of special treatment techniques such as TBI & IMRT, including patient-specific and in vivo dosimetry
- Responsible for ensuring radiation protection of personnel by carrying out radiation surveys and maintaining personnel dose records to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- B.S(Honors) or M.Sc. in Physics/ Medical Physics
- At least two years of Post Graduate Medical Physics Training
- Board certified from International Medical Physics Certification Board (IMPCB) or any other International Medical Physics certifying Body (AAPM, CCPM).
- Appropriate credentials as a Medical Physicist acceptable to the department.
- Registered member of a recognized Medical Physics Association
- Be eligible for licensing by the Kenya Radiation Protection Board
- 5-6 years’ experience as a Medical Physicist, preferably in a teaching hospital fully equipped with relevant imaging and radiation therapy modalities.
- Proficiency in treatment planning skills must include 3D conformal for external beam, 3D HDR brachytherapy, IMRT, LDR and HDR Prostate brachytherapy with the appropriate QA for each
- Additional experience in VMAT, IGRT, and SRS/SRT would be desirable
How To Apply