Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Sanergy is looking for a mission-driven Fleet Maintenance Manager to lead the fleet & logistics team while proactively fast-tracking maintenance of our the company’s fleet.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a monthly and weekly schedule that is in line with the annual schedule for AMs, PMs, Drivers assessments
- Resolve breakdowns within the agreed turnaround time
- Liaise with the maintenance supervisor(s) in the implementation of the problem-solving tools (RCAs, 5Why, RAPID)
- Coach maintenance supervisor(s) on use of the above problem-solving tools
- Lead development of corrective actions. Own resolution through delegation to the maintenance team
- Lead preventive action projects to meet recommended TATs and budgets
- Share weekly reports on maintenance activities for all trucks
- Ensure all maintenance issues are logged on established platforms
- Calculate and track MTBF and MTTR for all trucks
- Work with maintenance supervisor(s) to refine AM and PM schedules to improve equipment reliability
- Coordinate all AM (Autonomous Maintenance), PM (Preventive Maintenance), and BM (Breakdown Maintenance) activities through the supervisor(s)
- Coordinate driver training and assessments on equipment operations
- Proactively contributing to conflict resolution through open and honest discussions, reporting unresolved conflict to your manager or Talent Partner
- Maintain a cordial working relationship with teammates
- Manage maintenance-related vendors; work with procurement team to ensure vendor contracts are up to date and vendors are paid on time
- Actively seek out new breakdown maintenance vendors that provide value to the company through budget and TAT reduction to meet targets
- Liaise with the Asst. Manager Fleet to plan for maintenance activities without affecting service delivery to our clients
- Coordinate acquisition of coverage trucks for all leased trucks with the lease vendors
- Develop a monthly and weekly schedule that is in line with the annual schedule for AMs, PMs, drivers’ assessments
- Resolve breakdowns within the agreed turnaround time
- Propose and implement actions to reduce the variance between the plan and actuals
- Refine AM and PM schedules to improve trucks reliability and predictability
- Share ideas on how to standardize and improve maintenance data
- Share ideas on how to improve maintenance processes
- Implement improvement ideas and share feedback
- Escalate in advance when facing blocks
- Keeping track of the maintenance expenses for all trucks and ensuring vendors are paid on time as per the Service Level Agreement (SLAs)
- Sharing daily reports on maintenance expenses for all assets
- Ensure all the maintenance data is logged systematically
- Ask questions and listen to items escalated by the operators, technicians, and managers in order to understand issues with the assets
- Provide feedback to operators and technicians on usage and maintenance of assets
- Ask for feedback from stakeholders (operators, technicians, and managers) to improve the maintenance performance
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews using the in-house feedback templates
- Continually host feedback sessions with your team that are aimed at sharing situational experiences highlighting learnings, wins, and failures
- Share a report of team failures and learning derived from them (through performance reviews)
- Degree in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering
- 2- 3 year proven experience in Fleet maintenance preferably a similar role
- Possess great data analysis skills
- Excellent organizational , ownership and follow-up skills
- Competent in detection, problem solving, planning and decision making
- Ability to hands-on work on need basis
Sameer, Nairobi with possible movements in different locations in Nairobi.