Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek a Procurement & Warehouse Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support teams in managing the buying process for a given set of goods/services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Provide technical/commercial assistance to managers across all functions of the business and needs to develop an awareness of all manufacturing processes and improve his product knowledge to be able to assist stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Work with managers to balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Actively participate in supporting the current procurement partners/teams including their performance reviews.
- Ensure a continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers, and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess quotations from potential suppliers working closely with specific teams
- Support preparation of purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within the ERP systems.
- Develop and maintain a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
- Breakdown Lean daily management projects into small SMART goals with a clear link to technical sourcing by determining the needs, choosing suppliers, managing suppliers, negotiating prices and awarding contracts.
- Reviewed existing contracts and identified opportunities for improved value for money.
- Participate in maintenance activities, plant and equipment commissioning and be able to measure the adherence of outsourced spare parts to OEM specifications.
- Collaborate with the maintenance teams in carrying out root cause analysis
- Identify and eliminate waste within the procurement process
- Share dashboard reports on inventory consumption, stock items, economic order quantities, Re-order levels, safety stocks.
- Maintain daily inventory consumption charts that show stock counts, reorder level, safety stocks and when to initiate procurement requests.
- Use Maintenance data, PM and AM calendars to plan procurement request
- Analyse data to get insights on resource consumption and advise on Economic order Quantities, waste elimination, Materials that should be stocked.
- Responsible for the ordering of all imported goods and advised the business on any risks relating to shipping delays of imported goods.
- Continuous improvements on working capital and service level optimization of all imported goods by avoiding overstocking and write offs
- Liaising with clearing agents on goods under clearance by authorizing duty and shipping charges.
- Responsible for application of the remission Forms to enable clearance of imported material Duty free.
- Liaise with KRA, and all other International regulatory bodies procedures in regard to Imports.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent procurement qualifications.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is an added advantage
- Has imports/exports experience and has managed at least 1 or 2 associates
- Proven purchasing experience of equipment, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Project management, Contract management and supplier experience
- Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills
- Self & Relationship Management
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Embraces personal challenge, assertive, optimistic, and open to change
- Confident, rounded thinking and is self-aware and proactively contributes to the team
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Resilient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of the impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk that could prevent the organization from meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications