Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
About The Role
The overall purpose of this job is to provide technical leadership to the software engineers at Sendy. You will work with a cross-functional team to build and maintain the systems that support our applications in a scalable and secure way.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with a team of software engineers to provide detailed technical designs for the products we build.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of a software development team.
- Optimize existing systems to ensure all our applications are running well.
- Build integrations with third applications and ensure smooth communication between various applications.
- Store data for use in decision making in the business.
- Document backend systems for future reference.
- Participate in activities that promote continuous learning and value addition for end users.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Work with Product Managers to frame a problem, both logically and within the business context.
- Designing and developing advanced Sendy applications for the backend stack.
- Participate in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it relates to software development.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or other Technology related fields.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in software development and preferably in backend engineering.
- Solid understanding of the full backend development cycle.
- Proven working experience in software development.
- Knowledge of backend programming languages such as Java and Python among others.
- Ability to interact with databases.
- Ability to build secure and scalable applications.
- Ability to design and implement APIs.
- Ability to grow junior & mid-level engineers to be senior engineers.
- Testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Ability to work effectively with different personalities and across all levels in an organization.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- High-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Ability to solve problems, think critically and analytically.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
The Principal Engineer will be:
- Directly accountable to the VP Engineering
- Required to work within a cross-functional product development team.
What we offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical.
- Flexible vacation.
- All risk Insurance.
- Office lunch.
- Opportunity for company stock options.