Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
In support of our mission of changing the way the world tackles poverty, we aim to advance gender equity across all of our work, from how we invest and support leadership development to how we operate.
Acumen has always considered gender in our work and investments. Then, in 2015, we began to structure our work: we articulated a gender policy, initiated multiple gender programs, created an internal working group, and built external collaborations with other thought leaders on gender lens investing. So Acumen is already further along the gender “road” than many. This person will not need to convince or “make the gender case”. It has already been made. Rather than laying the foundation, the specialist will guide us toward ever-greater action and actual impact.
Advise, manage (project and stakeholder management), and advance our gender work:
Portfolio Gender Action Plan (GAP) management (~35%)
- Advise regional teams on use of Gender Lens Investing tools and approaches
- Provide or source expertise for team and company training, as needed
- Track Gender Action Plan KPIs and address challenges
- Track gender interventions across pre/post
Technical Assistance in the form of Inclusion Grants: Quality assurance, impact measurement and reporting (~20%)
- Provide feedback on development of inclusion grant applications
- Co-design impact measurement approach for all inclusion grants
- Manage and track overall inclusion grant progress and reporting, in partnership with RMs
- Manage relationship with technical assistance partner, Value for Women
Impact measurement and insight creation (20%)
- Oversee gender-related impact measurement projects
- Strengthen gender research and insights (in collaboration with Head of Impact and various technical partners)
Acumen Academy GAP management (10%)
- Develop Gender Action Plan for regional Acumen Fellows programs in East and West Africa
- Spearhead ‘next steps’ from Fellows GAP, including sourcing external gender resources to support team on priority gaps
Gender at Acumen advisory (15%)
- Coordinate with internal Gender Working Group to align on programmatic gender-related activities
- Serve as internal gender advisor to Acumen
Skills And Qualifications
- 10 – 12 years of experience in gender lens investing or gender-equity consulting experience
- Expertise in gender equity and women’s economic empowerment in developing economies (Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and Latin America preferred)
- Influencing and stakeholder management skills across levels (funders, internal stakeholders, portfolio companies)
- Experienced in implementing gender tools (Gender Diagnostics, developing and delivering Gender Action Plans, impact measurement)
- Project and budget management skills (coordinate disparate stakeholders toward agreed upon deliverables along specific timelines in a coherent fashion).
- Reporting skills (frame the right information for the right audience to achieve the right objective within the right amount of time)
- Ability to speak on the subject of gender to external audiences
- Exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills in a complex multi-country organization
- Undergraduate degree
- Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanently authorized to work in Kenya
How To Apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as applications will be reviewed, and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis. We will have a year-end break, so expect interviews starting in the second week in January.