Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pool Medical Records Coder, Outreach Administration Office – (210001OH)
Pool Medical Records Coder
Outreach Administration Office
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Supervisor, Coding in Medical Information and Records department.
To review, analyze, and code diagnostic and procedural information from the four admitting departments at AKUH and capture all in-patient medical and mortality data for purposes of research, storage and retrieval.
- Medical Coding: Capture, review, analyze, and code medical diagnostic information within set timelines. Code and index procedures (medical and surgical) using ICD-10 and OPCS while ensuring compliance with established coding guidelines and accreditation guidelines.
- Data Management: Analyze medical and mortality data and provide analysis to the relevant personnel/authorities as required; Capture morbidity and mortality data for diseases (all levels), using the monthly surveillance report form (moh 504) and forward to the Ministry of Health
- Capture and record deficiencies in all patient file documentation for internal and external use.
- Collect and compile Cancer Research data using the KEMRI form and forward to the relevant users on a monthly basis.
- Quality Assurance: Facilitate audits – both internal and closed-file audit to ensure compliance with program standards and maintain high-standards set for all departmental processes
- Administration: Liaise with the Department of Infection Control; notify the Ministry of Health of any disease for eradication/ elimination (e.g. acute flaccid paralysis, for poliomyelitis, neonatal tetanus)
- Coordinate research for doctors / nurses
- Any other tasks as will be assigned by supervisor
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology or a related field from KMTC
- BSc in Health Science will be an added advantage
- KCSE mean grade of C plus or equivalent.
- At least 3 years work experience as a medical coder
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- In depth knowledge of medical abbreviations, medical terminologies, human anatomy and physiology
- Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Highly organized with attention to detail and must be able to follow instructions
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Able to work in a team and also independently
- Ability to adhere to all confidentiality policies and procedures in the performance of duties
- Excellent telephone handling skills
- Good grooming and self-presentation
How To Apply