Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – V.NO/IEBC/01/12/2021:
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission hereby invites applications from competent and suitably qualified applicants for the following vacant posts:
Commission Secretary/Chief Executive Officer
Job Title: Commission Secretary/Chief Executive Officer (1 Post)
IEBC Grade 1
Supervisor Commission Chairperson
Terms of Service Contract – 5 years (Renewable once)
The Commission Secretary shall, in the performance of the functions and duties of the office, be responsible, answerable and report to the Commission and shall be the chief executive officer and the accounting officer of the Commission. The Commission Secretary/CEO is the head of the secretariat and Chief Elections Officer responsible for day to operations of the Commission. A key part of the responsibilities for this office is to ensure prudent management of the commissions resources, integrity and professional performance of all commission functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Provide requisite leadership to the Secretariat to ensure the Commission attains high level of professionalism and ethical standards;
- b) Provide guidance to the Secretariat for day to day administrative functions of the Commission;
- c) Oversee development of the Commission’s annual work plans and annual operating budgets;
- d) Oversee financial and administrative management of the Commission;
- e) Enhance and maintain proper internal control systems and procedures;
- f) Drive the Commission’s vision, mission, objectives and goals through the implementation of its strategic plan;
- g) Ensure effective management of Commission’s resources and accountability;
- h) Ensure continuous improvements in quality and compliance with legislations adopted by the Commission from time to time;
- i) Ensure safe custody of all the Commissions documents as the chief custodian; and
- j) Serve as Secretary to the Commission Plenary
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR APPOINTMENT
- a) Must be a citizen of Kenya;
- b) Possesses a degree from a recognized university;
- c) Has had at least five years’ proven experience at management level
- d) Has proven relevant experience in either; electoral matters; management; finance; governance; public administration; law; or political science; and
- e) Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
- f) Must have Membership of a recognized professional body and in good standing;
- g) Proven experience in leadership, management and corporate governance will be added advantage.
- h) Proven working knowledge and thorough understanding of Public Finance Management
- Act and Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act will be an added advantage;
- Must be computer literate.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit their application both online and in hard copy.
Online applications to be accessed through the IEBC jobs portal https://jobs.iebc.or.ke and the Hard copy applications to include copies of certificates, National ID and testimonials indicating the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Important to note:
Only applicants submitting both physical and online applications will be considered;
Details of requirements are available on the Commission’s website; and
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Only Successful candidates will be required to submit integrity clearance certificates from respective statutory bodies.
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications to be submitted not later than 12th January 2022, and hard copy applications to be addressed to the undersigned: –
The Commission Secretary/CEO
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission,
Anniversary Towers, 15th floor,
P.O. Box 45371-00100,