Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Driver to drive passengers and goods to authorized destinations efficiently.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Carrying out driving duties as per ILRI Transport Management Policy and Kenya Traffic Act.
- Drive vehicles safely and defensively to avoid any incidents or accidents.
- Ensuring that the vehicle log sheets are filled every time when the vehicle is in use.
- Keep to the designated routes while driving ILRI Vehicles
- Check and report any defects and advise when the service is due for the vehicle to be delivered to the garage for service or repairs.
- Assisting in cleaning of ILRI vehicles, repairing puncture, warming, and fixing of vehicle batteries.
- Cleaning the fuelling bay on daily basis to maintain the ILRI Standards and assisting various teams in moving items internally using the pickup.
- Fuelling of ILRI Official and staff personal vehicles on daily basis and keeping of fuel records for reconciliation and for staff recharges at the end of the Month.
- Pumping the requested amount of gasoline, cleaning vehicle windscreens, checking fluid levels and checking the tyre pressure and advising staff accordingly.
- Advising the office when the fuel levels are low for re-stocking and taking meter readings and dipstick readings on daily basis to avoid any fuel variance at the end of the Month.
- Ensure that all vehicles are closed, and keys returned to the transport office and responsible for closing the fuelling bay and the transport workshop.
- Actively participate in creating an atmosphere of teamwork within the unit by attending meetings, complying with the institutes policies and being a team player.
- Other duties that may be assigned that relate to Transport Unit operations.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Minimum 5 years of Professional driving experience of light and heavy vehicles
- Must have a clean and valid Kenya Driver’s license
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct
- Knowledge of defensive driving is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Kiswahili languages
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with diverse culture
- Reliable and ability to work effectively and respectfully
Post location: The position will be based Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 8. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 5 January 2022. The position title and reference number REF: D/CS/12/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.