Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a service oriented, collaborative and hands on Director of HR Operations to strengthen our global Human Resources team. The position will report to the Chief People Officer who is based in The Netherlands, has a global scope, and will manage a team of HR professionals. The HR team at RA consists of HR professionals who are passionate for RA’s mission and dedicated to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues.
The person will be responsible for providing inspirational leadership and cutting-edge HR knowledge and expertise to 4 senior managers and their teams. These 4 senior managers are each responsible for all HR matters within one of the geographic regions in which RA has staff: Europe, United States, Latin America, Africa and Asia/Pacific. RA has more than 620 staff members in over 30 countries. The incumbent will be working closely with the other HR teams, particularly the talent acquisition team and the people metrics and insights team.
The incumbent will evolve and implement existing and new HR policies and procedures, administration and internal systems in the employee life cycle, employee relations, and facilities in the physical offices in the USA and Europe.
We are looking for a passionate HR professional who is optimistic, has proven international working experience and a can-do attitude.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate at work;
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities including hiring; mentoring and evaluating; guiding professional development opportunities; and addressing employee relations issues;
- Evolve HR processes and tools such as performance management, compensation and benefits, with a clear understanding of our organisation’s mission and strategy;
- Balances global consistency and local realities;
- Design and successfully implement global HR policies and procedures and adjust existing policies and procedures where needed;
- Ensure effective, compliant, and timely compensation and benefits systems, philosophy and administration.
- Ensure RA complies with local labour laws and monitor any legal changes impacting our organisation and/or staff in all the regions in which RA has offices and staff;
- Pro-actively advice the Chief People Officer on developing the people strategy as well as new and adjusted objectives;
- Works closely with the leads of other HR teams: metrics and insights, talent acquisition, L&D and DEI
- Provide input to HR annual planning and budgets and has budget responsibility for the HR operations budget;
- Develop and manage an annual facilities budget;
- A Master’s degree in human resources management, Organisational Psychology or an MBA;
- A minimum number of 10 years in a senior management role within HR;
- Experience working in an international environment and globally;
- A strategic and analytical thinker who is also hands on when needed;
- Up to date on cutting edge trends and developments in HR;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- An open, positive and collaborative mindset. Easy accessible to anyone in the organisation;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally;
- An inspirational leader;
- English is a must, and any additional language is a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the locations in which we are registered will be considered