Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanlam Life Insurance Limited is the leading provider of dynamic and innovative life insurance products in Kenya and has the largest network of branch offices in the country. It is a subsidiary of Sanlam Kenya PLC listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange which is part of the Sanlam Group a leader in financial services, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and has the largest insurance footprint in Africa.
We invite suitable candidates to apply for the following opportunity:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Broker Channel
Business Unit: Head of Corporate Sales
Reporting to: Corporate Business
General Description of the role
To provide leadership and direction to the Broker Distribution Channel functions thus achieving the channels Corporate Business Revenue Budgets on annuity and group life product lines.
The essential duties and responsibilities will be:
- Implement the marketing and communications plans for Sanlam Life Broker Distribution Channel to foster the achievement of set business goals along the following activities.
- Management of the Broker Distribution Channel to ensure objectives are met.
- Management of the Distribution Channel Partners Loyalty (incentive) Programs to drive business goals.
- Implementation of Client Relationship Management (CRM) best practice to drive business goals: –
- Implement performance management for Broker Distribution Channel activities.
- Managing an efficient sales cycle (sales pipeline) and value-based service cycle through use of CRM to drive the business goals for Broker Distribution Channel: –
- Log all Broker channel feedback that is aimed at identifying new business potential and bench-marking of market prices.
- Define markets for the Broker Distribution Channel for Sanlam Life Corporate products along the following lines.
- Ensure the proper management of accurate, quality, and timely business reports from the Broker Distribution Channel and use these to compile channel reports for review by Marketing & Distribution Manager.
- Monitor competitor activity and identify opportunities/threats that are presented by such activities
- Regularly report the performance of Broker Distribution Channel section to the Business Development Manager in accordance with applicable structures and ensure the section is fully aligned with the rest of the company by building effective teamwork within the section and with other departments (i.e., Documented Broker Distribution Channel processes and SLAs with various departments).
- Prospecting for new product lines and revenue
- Proposing and implementing value propositions to retain and grow revenues and Distribution Channels relationships.
Minimum qualifications, skills and competencies:
Qualifications – Academic/Professional
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Marketing/ Insurance or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Insurance from AIIK / ACII or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Member of AIIK /ACII or a relevant professional body.
Years of Experience
- Minimum of one (3) years relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills,
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Results driven, and customer focused.
- Competency in IT systems.
How To Apply
Strong preference will be given to candidates with the requisite qualifications, skills and experience. If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please submit your detailed curriculum vitae and covering letter to reach us addressed to the
Head of HR through email address email@example.com
The job title should be clearly indicated as the email reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.