Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Application Deadline: 08-Jan-2022
Duty Station: Port Sudan (non-family duty station)
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Review the assessment and detailed engineering design of the proposed Integrated water supply system (including Rainwater harvesting and desalinization) under FCDO funded project,
- Lead the development of standards operation procedures (SOP) on Dam management (repair and distillation), Leak detection, Water treatment, Failure of a production pump & Major pipe burst repair and others.
- Support an appropriate management model for operating the infrastructure and distribution system with cost recovery, affordability and the ‘willingness to pay principle’ taken into account jointly with stakeholders,
- Ensure that the system should give priority to sustainable water resources production and finding alternatives such as rainwater harvesting from the community building and seawater abstractions and integrated system for treatment, water kiosks, pipe network system and household connections through the meter,
- Review the Flow analysis, including analysis of the yield of the water source, minimum and maximum available discharge, and flow data. Prediction of the wet season and dry season flow is also important and needs to be taken into account,
- Review & incorporate international environmental compliance procedures in the design and implementation,
- Preparation of Engineers Estimate, specifications, bidding documents, bid evaluation and recommend for the award according to the UNOPS procurement rules and regulations,
- During implementation responsible for Supervision, quality control, training of national staff members under utility company/ international partners and smoothly handover the system to the utility company and Government officials,
- Risk Management, Oversight and Quality assurance:
- Identify and anticipate in a timely manner potential risks and issues through infrastructure expertise and knowledge, advise on mitigation measures and ensure implementation thereof, escalate critical issues/risks to the Senior Project Manager and partners so that maximum benefit to partner(s) and other stakeholders is achieved.
Education/ Experience/ Language requirements
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering with a focus on Water/hydraulic/Civil Engineering with 5 years of relevant work experience. (A Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years of relevant work experience may substitute for an advanced university degree)
- Knowledge and working experience on ISO 55000 – Desired,
- Minimum of 5 years of Water supply project experience including at least three years of experience in asset management of community/town/rural water supply schemes.,
- Knowledge of the latest applicable technologies for small-town water systems in developing nations and also large municipal water systems in well-developed cities and towns.
- Good knowledge of designing complex water supply systems managing projects i.e knowledge of Reverse Osmosis system, Rainwater harvesting/ groundwater recharging, electro-mechanical equipment’s and solar power system equipment.
- Familiarity with urban water supply systems/network analysis software packages is essential. WaterCAD is an advantage and the AutoCAD, MS Project or Primavera software is a requirement,
- Experience in working with local and international humanitarian/consultants communities is desirable,
- Experience of working in developing countries is an asset.
- Good experience of working in the field.
- Full competency in the use of all commonly used computer software – spreadsheets, and other computer programmes including Google Suite Applications is desirable.
How To Apply