Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of the world’s largest and most innovative eye health international development organizations, having restored sight to more than 3 million people around the world. We are an ambitious organization, committed to making a difference and end avoidable blindness, however we recognize that we cannot do this alone.
Founded in 1992 in honor of late Professor Fred Hollows, world-renowned eye surgeon and social activist from Australia, The Foundation has been one of the fastest growing international NGOs in healthcare. It’s not just what we do that’s important, it’s the way that we do it that matters. We work hand in hand with our communities and partners who together, share the same goals and determination. We focus on results and are passionate about making affordable and accessible eye care a reality for everyone, so that no one person is needlessly blind. Working together we deepen our impact.
About the Role
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, the Finance Officer is accountable for the preparation and processing of payments and transactions in line with the Fred Hollows Foundation policies, procedures and prescribed accounting practices to ensure that accurate financial information is available to support decisions within the Kenya Country Office.
Key responsibilities and outcomes:
- Take lead on FHF Kenya and CBM Budget preparation and application Process plus the work-planning process.
- Help maintain internal accounting system and records and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation, and reports.
- Monitor project financial implementation and ensure that it is done in accordance with FHFK procedures and approved budget by conducting regular project visits in liaison Program Team. Use findings to support development to improve on internal controls and partner capacity building initiatives.
- Review Donor Audit Reports (AR) and Management Letters (ML) and ensure compliance with FHF procedures and requirements.
- Ensure timely submission of Audit Reports and Management Letters to donor.
- Reviews the auditor’s findings and opinions of the current year and make follow-up to ensure project management has responded and subsequent corrective actions are taken.
- Support in the monthly balance sheet reconciliation and aging pack analysis.
- Ensures all donor related income and expenditures are reported on donor financial Statement, clearly explained, and reconciled with incomes and expenditures reported on Audited Reports
- Reviews and ensures that the closing balance reported on Financial Statement is in conformance with the closing bank balance reported on the audit report
- Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce ,Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar field
- Minimum three years’ work experience in same capacity within development sector
- Professional management qualification, in addition to finance qualification; ACCA, CPA
- Strong and proficient skills in budget development, budget monitoring and donor financial report writing
- Demonstrated experience and skills in partner capacity building (finance)
- Experience using SUN system, ERP
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and support the project
Fluency in written and spoken English as well as the ability to travel domestically including travel to remote locations will also be essential.
How to apply and who to contact
Applications should be made via our website: https://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose.
Alternatively, if you would like further information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at email@example.com Applications sent to this email shall be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: 5th January 2022
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.