Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: One year renewable contract
Deadline for applications: 13th January 2022
Starting date: February 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
MSF Eastern Africa
MSF Eastern Africa (MSF EA) is the regional institutional office for MSF in East Africa. The office focuses on representation and networking, including with humanitarian organisations and authorities, recruiting and supporting staff from the region, communications and fundraising, as well as on other dossiers of importance to MSF such as Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI), mutualization, trainings, medical operational support and environmental health.
Objective of the position:
This position aims at running the office service desk, support internal/external communication, maintain facilities and equipment and administer the office safety & security procedures. Ensuring That – User queries or issues are captured, validated, and triaged for further processing. – Various types of information are communicated to users through the appropriate channel(s). The Service Desk Officer will supervise one staff cleaner and third-party Cleaners and reports to the IT Manager.
1. Admin and Reception
- Welcome and attend to external and internal visitors to the MSF EA office.
- Responsible for answering the main office line and manage MSF EA mail. Collect and dispatch courier.
- Manage office contact repository (other MSF, Regional POI…) and office general information. Ensure the information is available and accessible on intranet.
- Manage the third-party contract register, ensure contracts are up to date.
- Control the expenses of landlines, mobile telephones, and Taxis. Analyze and report.
Maintenance, cleaning and repairs
- Ensure the proper functioning and maintenance of the installation, furniture, and equipment in the office.
- Manage supporting cleaning service contract and the staff cleaner. Ensure the service remains supplied.
- Ensure Breakout aera and Kitchens remain well maintained and supplied 2 of 4
- Ensure building remains in good conditions, follow up on works and maintenance carried out by suppliers
Security, hygiene and Safety
- Ensures the first aid kit is available, accessible, and maintained.
- Ensure Fire response systems is maintained and train Staff.
- Manage access to the office in the system (maker/checker with supervisor), issue access/Company ID, maintain alarm and collaborate with the Third-party security service.
- Work with the Hygiene and safety committee to implement recommendation and ensures the office meet the legal requirements in Kenya.
- Train Staff on Space management and booking system (new system to be implemented)
- Administrate allocation of desk and guide visitors and staff in transit on hot desk/free desk areas
- Administrate allocation of parking space Video Conference
- Ensure functioning of systems, troubleshoot issue and support staff.
- Train staff on Videoconference device utilization.
Events and Catering
- Organize the weekly office meetings, prepare agenda (special presentations and visitors). Consolidate minutes and ensure dissemination.
- Support with the organization of events in the office (training, workshop) upon request. – Book Room, organize Catering, snacks, inform staff, parking, link with building security
Onboarding / Deboarding
Support Onboarding/Deboarding of staff with
- Email Address, mailing list and WhatsApp Group Management, ID/access card printing, access to office, alarm
- IT and Office security briefing
- Office Services
Transport and courier
- Guide staff on taxi usage and contact
- Manage booking for office cars, communicate with driver
- Handle local, national, and international courier request.
Equipment and stationery
- Equipment releases to new staff, and manage temporary mobile phone allocation to staff in transit •
- Ensure sufficient stationery stock in the office. Release items on request.
3. IT Service desk Level 1
- Handling requests for service, following agreed procedures. Records and tracks issues from outset to conclusion. Maintains records, informs users about the process, and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Responds to common requests for service by providing information to enable fulfilment. Promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate and escalates complex or unresolved incidents.
- Back-up and support for other back office staff/team where feasible.
- Second line Back up of office purchaser
- Back up & support of IT Manager where feasible
- Post-Secondary education and ICT qualifications (minimum Diploma) or/and related studies essential
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required.
- An ITIL or ISO 20000 or equivalent Certification a plus.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar job,
- Outstanding customer service skills and a “customer first” mentality are a must.
- Subject matter ability in multiple areas of support.
- Technical knowledge and working experience with Microsoft products including email, Client, Server, Network and Telephony technologies, Mobile Computing, DirectoryServices, and overall understanding of infrastructure, desktop, and applications technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and telephone manner.
- Ability to think logically to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work on tasks and projects while being interrupted by colleagues requesting support; ability to constantly re-prioritize tasks is a must.
- English and Swahili is required. Additional language capability in French
- Highly motivated and interested in the humanitarian sector.
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Behavioural flexibility
- Location: based in the Médecins sans Frontières Eastern Africa (MSF EA) HQ in Nairobi
- Full-time position.
- Annual Gross salary of KES 1,937,672.
- Benefits provided include Medical insurance (self and family), transport/food support, and annual holidays amongst others, based on MSF EA policy.
- One Year renewable contract
- Expected start date: February 2022
How to apply
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, motivation letter by 13th January 2022 through the link provided below. Please note that MSF will only contact short-listed candidates.
MSF is committed to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization where all individuals (regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, etc.) feel welcomed, respected, supported, and valued and where all individuals have equal opportunities to develop and grow professionally and personally)
We highly encourage women and persons with disability to apply for this position
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)