Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Corporate Librarian is an integral member of the Corporate Quality, Safety & Environment team and is responsible for the managing and maintaining all company-owned information resources and associated content by ensuring that the storing, archiving, and taxonomical layout of information resources are consistent across and throughout the organization.
The role will establish and oversee the implementation of documentation standards that guide the writing and control of company documentation and coordinate an organization-wide knowledge dissemination and sharing so that staff remain abreast of the latest developments in diverse areas and Kenya Airways know-how. The role will also ensure information and experiences are shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organization with clients, partners, and other stakeholders as required by company policy to comply with KCAA and International Aviation Regulations on document storage, retention and disposal.
- Establish, develop and promote use of a Central Resource Center that promotes information and knowledge sharing in order to cultivate an organizational learning and reading culture that ensures knowledge dissemination to aid quick and competent decision making.
- Establish and manage a central repository center for controlled documents in order to ensure availability and current information that meets quality requirements by the regulator and certifying bodies.
- Develop standards that govern the preparation, approval, distribution, maintenance, production and retention of company documentation in order to guarantee a harmonized documentation system that ensures availability of required information to enable decision making.
- Coordinate acquisitions and control of regulated documents and manuals from external sources like IATA in order to conform to the industry requirements and remain abreast with the new developments that assist the company remain competitive in the Aviation industry.
- Coordinate and facilitate training on documentation writing and control in order to equip the responsible staff with the required skills and ensure a consistent and harmonized writing format that distinguishes Kenya Airways documentation from the others.
- Drive implementation and maintenance of corporate documentation system which ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards and company policies and procedures.
- Design and implement an effective company records filing system that ensures availability of records and business continuity.
- Participate in regular Company audits by ensuring documentation compliance in order to ensure that the company conforms to the required international, regulatory and company standards that assist the company remain compliant and abreast with best practice.
- Set, manage and control the Corporate Library budget relating to documentation and Resource management, third party service providers engaged in provision of Records Management and the Courier services as well provide an oversight role for the third party budgets relating to subscriptions of publications printing and photocopy.
- Set up an organized central company library that contains all current manuals and procedures.
- Prepare a long-term plan for categorizing, indexing and archiving all content and information resources, whether they be generated in-house or derived from third-parties.
- Develop a comprehensive taxonomy for organizing information resources based on business goals and requirements from stakeholders.
- Compile and maintain a detailed inventory of existing electronic and paper resources, and identify knowledge gaps and make recommendations.
- Develop and maintain an archival process for regulatory documents that need to be retained for up to 5yrs or as regulator may require.
- Maintain the company’s subscriptions to trade and industry publications.
- Oversight and coach positions interacting with corporate documentations, manuals and policies.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Sciences, Records Management, Information Sciences, Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related course from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing corporate documentation.
- Advanced library management experience, including indexing and creating taxonomy structures.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory environments governing records management, data protection and freedom of information.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operational procedures, formulating policy, work instructions and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Training and experience in Quality Management Systems.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Experience in business management and development.
- Working knowledge of Airline operations, Civil Aviation Authority, ICAO and IATA Procedure/and regulations.
- Demonstration of ability to write Technical Safety Management Manuals or Procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in report writing and project management skills.
- Excellent Strategic thinking, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal, IT and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy of your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.