Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Procurement Consultant , AU-IBAR.
Main functions include:
- Establish and maintain an on-line procurement monitoring, tracking and reporting system in accordance with AU procurement, financial management and data management requirements.
- Receive requests and initiates procurement actions from Unit and project staff, and others as appropriate.
- Lead actions in support of routine and emergency procurement actions by working closely with the agency Finance Officer and the Procurement, Travel and Stores Division to ensure appropriate fiscal management (e.g., cost allocation and reconciliation reporting) and procurement (e.g., documentation, work- flow and approvals) practices are followed.
- Liaise with Unit and project staff as needed on all issues relating to the preparation, processing, and subsequent reporting on requested procurements, including delivery and reception dates for goods and services.
The incumbent should have the following qualifications:
University Master’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain Management/Materials Management, Business Administrations or related field; Membership to a professional body such as CIPS will be an added advantage with 7 years continuous experience in providing procurement, logistics or related program management services support for a public and/or private sector agency or program of considerable complexity and size; of experience out of which 3 at a supervisory level.
University Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain Management/Materials Management, Business Administrations or related field; With 10 years of experience in continuous experience in providing procurement, logistics or related program management services support for a public and/or private sector agency or program of considerable complexity and size; relevant domain out of which 5 at a supervisory level;
At least, 7 years related experience in Procurement in research or government institutions or international organizations.
At least 5 years’ experience in the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge in legal/contract management,
- Experience in routine and emergency procurement processing and reporting, shipping and receiving, and inventory control in medium to large organizations.
- Experience in supporting and leading development of complex procurements, e.g., purchase orders, contracts grants and cooperative agreements.
- Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Office and project management.
- Experience in an international work environment is highly desirable
- A minimum of 3 years in a senior management position.
The requirements and responsibilities contained in this job description do not create a contract of employment and are not meant to be all-inclusive. It may be changed by the role manager during employment on an as-needed basis.
The consultants will be stationed in Nairobi with travel on specific assignments agreed with the AU-IBAR Management
The duration of this assignment is 6 months. The selected candidate should be available to undertake this assignment with minimum delay.
The remuneration for this Consultancy is set at P2 step 5. (Local USD 5,303.00; International USD 6,550.00) Expenses for missions will be covered separately in accordance with the applicable African Union Commission rules and regulations.
The applications will be evaluated on the basis of the relevant technical qualifications, experience and competence of the candidates.
Submission of Applications
The deadline for submission of proposals is 25th January 2022, Nairobi Local Time.
How To Apply
The address for submission of applications is: Applications including detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be submitted through email to: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.