Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners
Lutheran World Federation Kenya- Somalia Program- Dadaab is seeking to recruit a National staff for the following position
Position: Occupational Therapist
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Assessing, formulating and implementing patient’s treatment plan
- Carrying out clients functional assessments and formulating intervention measures
- Providing health education to clients and caregivers
- Maintaining records and data relating to patients.
- Participating and collecting data for operational research.
- Protecting clients and support staff by adhering to Infection Control Protocols.
- Sensitizing the community on existing and emerging disability issues
- Implementing and monitoring Occupational Therapy programmes at the EARC centers and outreach services
- Supervising and capacity building EARC community staff on provision of occupational therapy services to CwDs.
- Facilitating monthly parents and caregivers meetings of parents of CwDs.
- Ensuring compliance with the set standard operating procedures as provided
- Implementing project activities as per set work plans for the department
- Preparing periodic reports for the department
Qualifications/Experience and Personal Attributes
- Diploma in Occupational therapy from KMTC
- Registered and licensed by the Kenya Occupational Therapy Association (KOTA)
- Skills and hands-on experience in Sensory integration or Hand therapy will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good knowledge of human rights (UN-convention on rights of PWD’s)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 2 years practical experience in a similar role. Experience working with an International
- Humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage
- Work experience in hardship, marginalized areas, or emergency setting
- Working experience in the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities/CBR programs will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment, and professional responsibility
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills
- A good team player with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF Kenya- Somalia Program is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.” Cover letter and detailed C.V. Should reach before the close of business on 13th January, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.