Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Bring your talent to a place where your work will help fight cancer. When you join Varian, A Siemens Healthineers Company, you’re joining an organisation with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 11,000 team members across more than 36 countries. You’ll be backed by a culture that is centred on fostering your creative potential and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work.
The Installations Project Manager will coordinate all aspects of a product or service offering project for the client, from receipt of order to installation in Eastern Africa (including Kenya, Tanzania, Sudan, Ethiopia and Uganda).
This is an office based role, located in Nairobi & preference will be given to Kenyan Nationals.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise project preparation and advise customer and contractors for the installation of Varian software products. Ensure efficient and timely execution of installations and upgrades according to technical and safety regulations.
- Meet with customers/customers contractors and perform site visits and help the customer prepare their facility for a successful and efficient installation. #
- Monitor customer facility preparation and coordinate equipment shipment schedules to ensure timely and effective installation of equipment.
- Provide reports indicating installation activities including tight control of installation forecast.
- Review purchase order transmittals noting any unusual service requirements and follow up with appropriate function.
- Build expert knowledge in our industry and convey knowledge to others through the generation of procedures, FAQs, and other technical documentation.
- As a subject matter expert, deliver product and/or procedural training to other project managers.
- Advise customers on complex facility requirements, needs and/or changes including, but not limited to, safety requirements, room layout and electrical, plumbing and HVAC requirements.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple medium scale projects.
- Perform routine project management and site planning to ensure customer compliance with building and technical requirements, both Varian’s and local municipalities, for equipment installations.
- Review bids from building and rigging contractors and monitor contracts for quality and workmanship.
- Advise customers on complex facility requirements, needs and/or changes including, but not limited to active directory and domain requirements, IT security, power and network requirements, workstation layout, and server requirements
- Active support of customer for implementation of pre-defined concepts.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a related discipline e.g. medical informatics, computer science or related field and related experience
- PMI certification is desired
- Must have a general knowledge of construction and electrical codes, and government radiation regulations.
- Must have a general knowledge of network design, software controls systems, and server management.
- Knowledge of the use and deployment of software in a healthcare environment, especially as applied to cancer care
- Proactive attitude with excellent organizational skills and team oriented
- Must have strong customer service acumen
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Familiar with business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel for business as required
- Contributes to team efficiency through the quality of personal work and by influencing teammate output to required standards.
- Must understand team collaboration and have effective networking skills.
- Able to work independently within guidelines and policies and adhere to the corporate policies and procedures.
- Capable of managing their own workload and of excellent communication relationship building at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Agile with being pro-active, analytical, results-oriented and able to make decisions within the scope of their role.
- Be able to actively problem solve and suggest realistic innovations to processes towards creating a better customer experience
You are analytical, communicative and focused. You work structured and have an eye for details. In addition, you can express your ideas and research in written form. You are used to working independently, open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues. You thrive in an international work environment and in cultivating your contacts with partners in the region and overseas.
How To Apply
You are just one click away from the most impactful work you will ever do and becoming part of the global team united by a common purpose to fight cancer. Apply now and send us your complete CV including motivation letter & any work permits. Someone somewhere will be glad you did.
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for certain roles.