Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Country Procurement Assistant
Reporting To: Head, Support Service (SSC)
Staff Reporting: N/A
Matrix Management: Kenya Program
Base Location: Tana River
(Supports other field offices when necessary).
Provide support to programs and support service colleagues to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of the program activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Support Service (SSC), the incumbent performs the following functions:
Ensure IRK Procurement Operational Handbook is in place, explained and followed.
Support in Procurement Management
• Developing the tender dossiers and RFQs and sharing with SSC for review prior to release/advertisement
• Developing Commercial contracts and offer letters and sharing with SSC for review prior to contracting
• Preparing bid evaluation reports and analysis and sharing with SSC for review prior to offer and award notifications
• Preparing NFFs and Waivers for deviations and sharing with SSC for review prior to completions
• Participate Tender Opening Sessions as and when delegated by the SSC
• Tasked in negotiation management in coordination with the SSC
• Support in Conducting due diligence for new suppliers
• Support in Conducting reference checks for new suppliers
• Support in Circulating regret emails to non-successful bidders
• Support in Ensuring PRs specifications are correctly done, train staffs on the various specifications
• Support in Conducting field visit as and when required
• Support in Submission of procurement documents to finance for payment facilitation
• Support in Tracking supplier’s performance and overall management
• Support in Contract tracking and amendments as and when required
• Support in Supplier payments tracking & keeping record of the tracking sheet
• Support in Framework Agreement tracking and extension as and when required
• Support in Tracking legitimacy and validity of supplier’s documents i.e. registration permit, license, Tax pin, Tax compliance cert etc.
• Under the direct supervision of the Head, Support Service (SSC), process LVO, SQ, RFQ and ITT procurement thresholds as assigned to you by the SSC.
• Support in Advertisement of tenders
• Support in Issuing and receiving of bids
• Support in Preparing bid evaluation reports and analysis
• Support in Archiving of procurement and logistics documentations both hard and soft copies (external hard disk provided) – bi-weekly basis as well as electronic archiving
• Support in Submission of payments documents to finance for payment processing
• Support the SSC in reviewing of department budget forecasting
• Support in the SSC in developing of Framework agreement
• Support the SSC in developing of prequalification of suppliers and service providers
• Support the SSC in sourcing of new suppliers when need arise
• Support in sharing the screening document with IRW for new vendors
• Support in market assessment exercise on quarterly basis
• Share procurement and logistics documents with the SSC for review and approval prior to contracting formalities.
• Support in Implementation of the procurement plans
Support in Warehouse Management
• In close collaboration with the SSC, review/develop stock documentation and ensure implementation
• Ensure IRK Warehouse Operational Handbook is in place, explained and followed.
• Share weekly and monthly stock reports with the SSC
• Initiate sporadic physical stock counts in collaboration with programme staff.
• Ensure quality of goods received are in alignment with specifications in purchase request in collaboration with relevant technical programme staff and ensure GRN is signed upon receipt of goods.
• Archiving of Warehouse documents both hard copies and soft copies.
• Explain and discrepancies of stock reports to management and archive it.
• Dispose of items as per IRK procedure and government regulations.
Support in Assets Management
• Ensure all Assets equipment are received, registered, tagged and updated as per IRK procedure.
• Ensure IRK Asset Operational Handbook is in place, explained and followed.
• Inventory check on Assets as per IRK procure monthly, bi-annually, and annually in all areas.
• Follow up with HR and IT to issue assets to new staff arrival.
• Follow up with HR and IT to receive issues assets to all staff leaving the mission.
• Work closely with SSC, relevant logistics staff to make sure Assets database are updated accordingly to IRK operational handbook.
• Archive of Assets documents both hard copies and soft copies.
• Dispose and transfer of Assets as per IRK procedure and government regulations.
• Generate separate list of assets and keep it current and updated
Support in Fleet Management
• Ensure IRK Fleet Operational Handbook is in place, explained and followed.
• Ensure IRK vehicles are registered, tagged, tracked, and maintained.
• Ensure IRK generators are registered, tagged, tracked, and maintained.
• Ensure fleet movements are tracked and recorded
• Ensure fuel consumption are tracked and recorded
Support in ERP Systems Management (Procurement Module) – AX System:
Pos monthly clean up (AX system)
PR monthly clean up (AX system) – follow up with the requestors
LPOs posting (AX system)
Update LPOs (AX system)
Vendor creation (AX system)
Screening of new vendors
And among other duties and assigned by the LM/supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or related field
• Minimum 3 years of similar experience
Knowledge skills and Experience:
• Business acumen including proven negotiation skills and advanced contract management skills
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing customers and internal teams
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills with proven results in delivering positive outcomes for business
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player with the ability to effectively influence others into action
• Advanced oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated skills in databases management and use for monitoring of procurement, inventory, and forecast needs
• Great relationship management
• Impeccable time-management
• Change positive
• Supplier performance management
• Excellent communication skills in English is required
How to Apply **
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to Recruitment.Irk@islamic-relief.or.ke by Friday, 7th January 2022.