Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall job purpose
The overall objective of the position is to coordinate, oversee, implement and guide all Johanniter programmes in Kenya and to ensure their quality in line with internal Johanniter, donor and stakeholder standards.
- Coordination and supervision of the implementation (planning, monitoring and evaluation) of the Johanniter projects in Kenya
- Responsible for meeting project objectives and budget monitoring
- Provide technical supervision and technical support to Johanniter programming activities
- Ensure donor compliance and adherence to internal Johanniter policies and guidelines, Ministry of Health and other relevant guidelines
- Recognise further needs in the area of health, nutrition & food security / WASH, and undertake assessments as necessary
- Writing project proposals and developing local strategies in the area of health, nutrition and WASH
- Regular monitoring of projects through field and partner visits
Strategic Planning, Leadership and Representation
- Represent Johanniter International when liaising with local authorities and partners, in coordinating with other NGOs, International Organisations, donors, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the Johanniter Country strategic plan, based on the global Johanniter strategy
- Build capacity of partner organisation by regular meetings, coaching/mentoring, preparing and enforcing training plans, plans for improvement
- Attend cluster meetings or other relevant forums
Professional Qualification and Experience:
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years’ experience in project coordination in a humanitarian context/international development
- Experience in coordinating public health/ health/ nutrition/wash/ livelihood/ rehabilitation / DRR projects including project accounting and managing of donor funds (EU, UN, German Foreign Office and Ministry of Cooperation etc.)
- Experience in conducting health and/or livelihood baseline assessments, including SMART surveys
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, writing proposals and reports
- Experience in staff management and capacity building
- Experience in working with international and national partners, donors, health and other authorities
- Experience working in an insecure context
- Working experience in Kenya
- Strong management, project planning and organizational skills
- Clear vision on programme development
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Willingness for frequent project travel
- Ability to work in a remote location in an unstable security environment
- Cultural sensitivity and team competence
- Sense of delegation and commitment to local capacity building
- Common sense and being proactive**
- Fluency in English
How to apply
Johanniter is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Suitable candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*We require background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks) to protect the vulnerable and prevent abuse.*
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to email@example.com until 07. January 2022.
Please indicate Programme Manager Kenya in the subject line of your e-mail and the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Interviews are expected to take place between 17. – 21. January 2022. The candidates will be invited by mail at short notice.