Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Digital Divide Data (DDD)
Digital Divide Data (DDD) is a US-based non-profit, mission-driven enterprise with the goal of using technology and digital skills to bridge the divide between economically and socially marginalized youth and employment opportunities that lead to a sustainable and viable future. DDD identifies talented but underserved youth in Africa and Asia (Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos are the main centers) to enter formal employment, undergo professional training and skills development, and pursue tertiary education. Our headquarters are in New York, and we have over 1,500 employees across our operations in Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos.
SALIX (DDD’s Client) is an award-winning small business that works with some of the largest companies in the world to address key data challenges. Started in 1999 by two brothers, SALIX has grown to have over 2,500 customers and a wide range of technical services that include Business Process Outsourcing, Forensic Collection, E-Discovery Processing, and Intelligent Automation. SALIX processors are treated as part of the team and are expected to provide insight and innovative ideas to the challenges that our customers are experiencing. The right candidate’s talents will be fully utilized and they will gain real-world experience in working for a growing, entrepreneurial company.
Description: SALIX is a family-owned business headquartered in Cincinnati, with operations in India and Kenya. The average employee has been with SALIX for 8 years and has a mentality that they will fill whatever role that is necessary to meet the customers’ expectations on any given day.
We are looking for a junior software developer who will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle that include gathering and analysing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application systems. The software developer will participate in design meetings and consult with clients (both internal and external) to build, refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Writing and implementing efficient codes/scripts
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software development projects
- Training users
- Experience with responsive web design, including API and database creation
- Commercial and business awareness and experience
- Hands-on, and with strong execution skills
- Good written and communication skills and high attention to detail
- Passion for innovation, learning, and use of technology to change business
- Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- An independent thinker who is able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Organized and with excellent time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If interested kindly submit your application on or before 14th January 2022. While applying, kindly send in some of your previous related work.