Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance Manager, ICEA LION Life Assurance LTD
The Finance Manager will assist the CFO in the management, administration and coordination of Finance Department activities. These will include continuous development and monitoring of internal controls, protecting and growing company assets, fostering operational efficiency, contribution to the implementation of company strategic initiatives, and facilitation of accurate and timely financial performance reporting to support management decisions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Company’s technical financial & accounting matters.
- Oversee the monitoring and implementation of key financial controls across the Finance value chain.
- Develop team members through coaching and mentoring.
Investment (and Treasury) Management
- Assist the CFO in Capital management and allocation strategy execution.
- Constantly review and ensure compliance with the approved investment mix.
- Regularly monitor and review investment performance reports from various service providers such fund and property managers.
Planning and Budgeting
- Assist the CFO in the development and management of the Company’s annual business budgets.
- Monitoring of and reporting on Company budgetary discipline for efficiency.
- Participate in development of financial performance measures that support the Company’s strategic direction.
- Conducting meaningful proactive financial analysis to inform and support key business decisions.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce Accounting degree from a recognized university.
- CPA (K) or ACCA professional qualification. (a CFA credential will be an added advantage)
- Member of ICPAK or a recognized Accounting body and in good standing.
- Accounting, Audit and (or) Actuarial background and experience.
- A minimum of Ten (10) years of post-qualification experience with at least three to five (3-5) years in a management position within a Life insurance company or in the audit of a Life insurance company.
Operational & Financial Controls
- Regularly review the accounting and financial systems to enhance efficiency.
- Establish and monitor internal control processes required to manage and grow the business.
- Proactively work with the internal audit team to identify and implement financial control improvements.
- Supervise the Company’s transaction processing systems.
- Ensure that accounting record keeping meets the requirements of auditors, regulatory agencies and applicable standards.
- Ensuring that key Company account reconciliations are conducted regularly and outstanding items promptly resolved.
- Collaborate with the procurement function in the relevant value chain management.
- Assist in providing operating departments with appropriate guidance on raising of accounting transactions.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and review of periodic and ad hoc management reports.
- Work with the operations team and report on key performance metrics driving financial results.
- Review and ensure timely filing of statutory and regulatory returns.
- Work with external auditors to ensure timely closure of statutory audits.
- Timely implementation of internal & external audit recommendations.
Tax & Regulatory Compliance
- Active monitoring of changes in tax legislation and ensure compliance.
- Timely remittance of all applicable taxes.
- Ensure all relevant returns including annual license application are filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Company complies with the relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
Core Technical Competencies Required For The Role
- Strong communication and presentation skills including proven ability and experience in developing proposals, concept papers as well as writing business reports.
- Attention to detail, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in implementation of new systems and building strong internal control environments.
- Hands-on orientation with a focus on timely execution of tasks to the highest quality without supervision.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards – IFRSs relating to Long Term Insurance contracts and reporting.
- Understanding and working experience of Kenyan tax regulations.
- Understanding of local financial industry regulations.
- Great interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead a team, influence others to accomplish collective goals and relate well with both internal and external customers.
- Good technology skills and hands-on experience with computerized accounting applications.
- Experience in change management and the ability to positively lead change.
- Working experience in financial modelling, budgeting and planning.
How To Apply
If you meet the role requirements, kindly submit your CV in the form below or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title on the subject line by 6th January 2022.