Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager –Legal Research
Purpose of the job
- Responsible for the implementation of policy and strategy related to Legal Research as well as offering team leadership in Legal Research functions.
Tasks and outputs:
- Participate in the formulation and ensure implementation of strategies for the Legal Research Unit.
- Participate in the preparation of the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with agreed systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Manage the Legal Research and Opinion functions.
- Manage the preparation of the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Review and advise Management and the Board on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Manage research and review of legislation and advise the Board, Management and the relevant Departments on changes in Law.
- Manage stakeholder engagements (ICPSK, IOD, SCAC, AG, and Lands Registries).
- Manage legal research function and provide legal opinions/summaries on changes in the law.
- Organize staff sensitizations on various laws affecting their business.
- Spearhead the review of revenue laws/legislative amendments.
- Organise and participate in stakeholder engagements.
- Promote career and continuous professional development of staff in the Section.
- Manage the general performance of staff in the Section.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Computer literate.
- Management and Governance courses.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
Minimum years of experience
- 5 years post admission experience in legal practice and legal advisory in tax matters, 2 of which should be in a middle level management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning , organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 12th January 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)