Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Work Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Application deadline: 12th January 2022
Start date: ASAP
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract (based on a 03 month probationary period)
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organisation has health projects in more than 70 countries.
The objective of our project in Mombasa is to provide access to health care for Adolescent and Youth Population (AYP), with specific focus on Young Key Populations (YKP) affected by social violence and health care exclusion. The selected candidate will be reporting technically to the Nursing Activity Manager (NAM)
Perform basic counseling and/or educational activities to patients, families, communities, following MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve the health condition of the patient.
- Perform basic training to the counsellors to offer PFA to the peers and their caregivers at the outreachers and health faciltiy.
- Offer psychological support to both peers and patients within the facility on social issues, mental awareness and provide emotional support to clients undergoing grief and loss
- Offer basic counselling to GBV surviours and their caregiver at the outreachers and the health facility.
- Perform health talks to patients through conducting support groups and sensitization sessions at the waiting areas and the outreach.
- Identify clients requiring refferal to other social services and link with the social worker for instance for child protection or legal if need be.
- Keep patients files and documents confidential under lock and key. Maintain confidentiality during the counselling sessions of the client.
- Offer pre-HIV counselling to the AYP and also post-counselling after the test.
- Through testimonials, share own experiences to the peers and patients on issues affecting their health
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through the link below by 12th January 2022
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive,only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)