Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Warehouse Assistant will be required to provide warehouse support to the team based in Kisumu by issuing items in a timely manner and receiving goods in good condition, dispatch products to end customers, Improve efficiency and help in achieving the organizational mission and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To receive, inspect and shelve all incoming goods into the warehouse.
- Responsible for ensuring that all inventory is packaged and labeled with appropriate labels.
- Daily Work order issuances
- Kitting of Materials
- Daily Issuances of raw materials to specific user departments
- Managing stock counts and Spot checks
- Participate and perform inventory cycle counts and inventory annual physical audits.
- Manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts, stock takes and audit of the same to verify results.
- Monitoring and maintaining current inventory levels; processing orders as required; tracks orders and investigates problems.
- Ensure compliance of warehouse security procedures and health and safety according to company standards.
- Maintain accurate records of materials received and dispatched out of the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Ensuring adherence to all inventory procedures required to maintain accurate tracking.
- Able to integrate good warehouse keeping practices.
- Diploma / Degree in warehouse management/purchasing and supplies
- MInimum 1 year experience as well as operational knowledge of the warehouse
- Experience in a fast paced environment will be an added advantage
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration and influencing skills
31st January 2022