Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Finance Business Partner – Global Technical Expertise Architecturein London or any existing Save the Children International office location.
SCI is currently facing a number of external pressures that require us to look at our structure and ways of working and determine the changes we need to make in order to remain relevant as we move into 2021 and beyond. As part of this, The Technical Expertise (TE) Transformation Project aims to ensure we have the right technical expertise in the right places around the world. We believe that Technical Experts are critical for achieving our breakthroughs for children. We currently have Technical Experts sitting in member organizations around the world and we are looking at how we can organize this expertise in the most effective way.
The Finance Business Partner role sits within the Global Architecture Workstream, which is looking at the organisational architecture for Save the Children’s global TE’s in both a humanitarian and development context. In 2022, the Global Architecture Workstream will progress six sub-workstreams. These include implementing One Humanitarian Technical Team (OHT) and building cross-functional strategic goal teams.
The TE Transformation Finance Business Partner reports into the Finance function in SCI Centre, but will work day to day within the Global Architecture Workstream of the TE Transformation Project to provide Finance expertise to the Workstream.
The Finance BP would be responsible for ensuring all Finance impacts of the Workstream are well articulated, there is a clear risk management plan for any Finance risks and that clear Finance principles, policies and processes are developed in collaboration with member Finance representatives. The Finance BP should also take a strategic viewpoint and work with the project leadership/SCI Finance leadership to develop a clear approach for ensuring the longer-term financial sustainability of any changes.
This role would collaborate with the TE Transformation Awards Manager to ensure any requirements gathering, analysis and design for the Global Architecture Workstream meet donor requirements and Awards principles.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrable technical understanding of financial management processes in a large multi-lateral organisation, ideally within an NGO
- A strong results orientation and attention to detail;
- Experience of implementing financial systems and process improvement projects
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and assess alternative options and proposals
- A proven ability to deliver to the highest standards in a fast-paced and complex environment, with high quick turnaround times
- Ability to work independently and judge when to ask for advice or inputs
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills
- A good level of knowledge and experience of using finance systems, ideally Agresso
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload; to work effectively under pressure; and to organise and prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- A team player, able to work with other functions to find the best solution for the organisation as a whole.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
- Ability to challenge and negotiate assertively and cooperatively with senior staff.
- Awareness of how Technical Experts are funded and budgeted for within Save the Children Member organisations
- Experience working with Agresso systems, particularly on recharges between offices or SCI/Members
We can offer circa £46,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How To Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.