Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Chief Risk Officer is a business supportive and risk disciplined individual who provides oversight to the enterprise-wide risk management (ERM) strategy and framework that effectively translates the risk appetite framework into informed decision-making practices that support ATI s unique business model and strategic plan.
This Role Reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that the organization is in complete compliance with its own regulations and guidelines. The CRO is also responsible for risk mitigation, internal investigations, information on security matters and development of risk analytics. The position facilitates and monitors ERM of the organization across all levels and functions of ATI.
1. Oversee and develop comprehensive policies, guidelines and processes for assessing, identifying, monitoring, effectively managing and reporting pertinent business risks that could interfere with the organization’s core purpose and ability to grow and develop its business.
2. Monitor and report on adherence to and consistency of strategic initiatives with Board-approved risk appetite framework, risk tolerances and risk profile.
3. Develop and maintain a trustworthy, respectful working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer, Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, Board Risk Committee and the Board of Directors as a whole.
4. Implement and maintain a sound enterprise-wide Integrated Risk and Regulatory management governance framework.
5. Oversee the risk management framework including credit, market, operational and ethics and regulatory & compliance risk, measuring risk and providing quantitative analytical support to the lines of business in risk measurement, modeling and reporting.
6. Oversee and manage Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing control activity in all relevant business areas for the purposes of establishing a reasonable threshold level of control consistency in the organization.
7. Identify known and emerging risks, measuring, monitoring and reporting on the entity’s risk profile to the Executive Management Team and the Board of Directors.
8. Propose and implement risk mitigants (both policies and tools) to address major structural inherent risks, as appropriate.
9. Manage the design and implementation of compliance activities in all relevant areas of ATI operations.
10. Facilitate the maintenance of risk corporate policies including credit and counterparty risk, market risk, operational risk, compliance, security, acceptable use, information security, physical security, business continuity planning and limit breaches and escalation.
11. Lead the facilitation, implementation and monitoring of effective risk management practices and ensure operating policies and procedures are complied with throughout the organization.
12. Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking, heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching.
13. Establish a high level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with business partners, key stakeholders and collaterals.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Attributes
1. First degree in Finance/Insurance or Actuarial Science. A Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
2. 15 years of experience in risk mitigation, preferably in Insurance/Reinsurance or banking sector.
3. Knowledge and context of roles of Development Financial Institutions is an added advantage.
4. Experience in Insurance/Financial Service/Reinsurance Banking environment is much preferred.
5. Membership of Risk Professional Body is an added advantage
How to Apply:
Candidates are required to submit an electronic copy of the following:
- Application Letter
- CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees
- Personal History Form
Submit your application to email@example.com
The closing date is Thursday, 13 January 2022 at Midnight East African time.
The successful candidate must have suitable qualifications, experience and attributes as indicated in the job description. The role requires excellent communications skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, will be an added advantage.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.