Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: GBV PARALEGAL OFFICER (1)
LOCATION: KISUMU (1)
REPORTS TO: KEY POPULATION LEAD
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Gender Based Violence Paralegal Officer will oversee the implementation of GBV intervention through providing overall coordination and technical assistance to the program staff to ensure that comprehensive GBV interventions are provided in supported facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Investigate the facts of GBV & SGBV cases brought to the recovery center to support the survivor access justice.
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems for the cases handled in the recovery center for proper follow up.
- Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for review and case preparation Write reports to help prepare for trials and have meetings with survivors to prepare for the cases.
- Get affidavits and other formal statements that may be used as evidence in court.
- Help survivors during trials by handling exhibits, taking notes, or reviewing trial transcripts.
- File exhibits, briefs, appeals and other legal documents with the court or opposing counsel.
- Call clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule interviews, meetings, and depositions and sharing updates on the cases attended to.
- Proper documentation of case outcomes to inform program progress and reviews.
- Work with the GBV team at the recovery center to support all cases of GBV in the county.
- Prepare and submit required reports.
Qualifications and Professional Skills:
- Certification or associate’s degree in paralegal studies (bachelor’s degree is preferred)
- A minimum experience of two years in a paralegal role
- Investigative mind and strong research skills
- Working knowledge legal database software
- Experience in preparing legal reports
- Time management skills and Organizational Skills: Legal assistants often work on more than one case at a time. Keeping them straight is paramount
- Computer Skills for Legal
- research, document maintenance and preparation
- Communication Skills: Good speaking, writing and interpersonal skills are needed to write documents, speak with clients and others in the legal field, and present information to your attorney
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 13TH January 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “GBV PARALEGAL OFFICER” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.