Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: RETENTION SPECIALIST (4)
LOCATION: NAIROBI (3) KISUMU (1)
REPORTS TO: SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Retention Specialist will work with the County Health Management Team to provide guidance related to HIV Testing Services (HTS), linkages through the continuum of testing to enrollment, continuity of care during transfers, patient retention strategies and adherence support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a capacity-building and systems-strengthening plan for HTS, continuity of care, patient retention, and adherence support, in close collaboration with key partners.
- Institutionalize continuous quality improvement systems for HTS, continuity of care, patient retention, and adherence support.
- Examine HTS operations, patient linkages/referral systems, retention strategies, and adherence support mechanisms and lead the development of strategies to address findings.
- Lead the implementation of training and continuous professional development systems for HTS counselors, for health professionals and lay health workers (CHWs, peer educators, etc.) involved in continuity of care and adherence support, and CHMT members.
- Evaluate and adapt Community Strategy implementation for the context of Nairobi County.
- Develops and distributes appropriate job aides and educational material for treatment support staff and counselors.
- Represent the organization at stakeholder meetings.
- Support staff through onsite mentorship and operations discussions.
- Evaluate outcomes of capacity-building activities and shares recommendations.
Qualifications and Professional Skills:
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- Training in HTS and adherence
- NASCOP T.o.T is an added advantage
- Five (5) years’ experience providing and/or overseeing HTS and adherence support services
- Good report writing skills
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 13TH January 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “RETENTION SPECIALIST” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.