Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: STRATEGIC INFORMATION ADVISOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR STRATEGIC INFORMATION, RESEARCH, AND EVALUATION
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The SI Advisor will be responsible for guiding the overall Ciheb-Kenya monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategy and coordinating the implementation of this strategy for quality and timely monitoring of Ciheb-Kenya supported programs and activities in Machakos, Kitui, and Makueni Counties. This includes but is not limited to designing and leading the implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting (MER) systems that will ensure the program meets the required Ministry, county, and donor requirements including efficient systems for data management and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the overall framework for project’s M&E systems prioritizing efficient HMIS for HIV including mHealth applications, eHTS, KenyaEMR, amongst others.
- Lead the baseline assessment and monitoring of the project by guiding the process of identifying key performance parameters and comparing these to targets and objectives outlined in the grant’s proposal.
- Develop a robust strategic information approach that can track the immediate and intermediate effects of program activities, including changes in knowledge, attitudes, responsiveness, data use, and technical assistance demand.
- Maintain a database to ensure all project outputs and results are accurately recorded and coordinated to inform program staff, enhancing data demand and information use.
- Ensure timely reporting of supported activities to county, MoH, and the donor through DHIS2, 3PM, DATIM, and all other reporting platforms whilst ensuring data concordance.
- Provide regular reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to PI, PD, Senior Technical Advisor, CDC, and other program managers as required.
- Building the capacity of the supported facilities, county health teams, and project staff in collecting, utilizing, and disseminate data as well as ensuring harmonization of all data whilst working closely with the county M&E personnel and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely production and storage of accurate, reliable data through conducting regular quality assessments, and carry out analysis and interpretation of project data.
- Support the preparation and facilitation of structured periodic project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring, and lessons-learned workshops.
- Supervise Technical Leads and support to coach staff in all aspects related to HIV monitoring and evaluation.
- Collaborate with MoH M&E department, health informatics and data warehouse to create platform for dialogue, data sharing, and addressing key M&E issues within MoH.
- Minimum of an MSc in Epidemiology, Applied or Bio Statistics, or Health informatics
- Proficient in use of data management and analysis tools and advanced skills in database construction and/or management (SQL, Access, Excel) and various statistical packages such SAS, SPSS or R including EPI-Info. Experience with programming software an added advantage
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, evaluation and implementation research, health information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, and presentation
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of progressively responsible experience, designing, implementing, and overseeing M&E tasks for health and/or development projects, with at least five (5) years at senior supervisory level with MoH and donor-funded programs including the US government PEPFAR programs
- Solid understanding Kenya’s health information systems, and issues related to data (e.g., data security, tracking through the cascade etc.) on key and priority populations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, capacity building skills, communication, interpersonal skills, and providing technical assistance
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 13TH January 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “STRATEGIC INFORMATION ADVISOR” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.