Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION TITLE: SUPPLY CHAIN LEAD (2)
LOCATION: KISUMU (1) MACHAKOS (1)
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The Supply Chain Lead will work closely with the counties to strengthen logistics management systems for HIV and TB related drug commodities, from forecasting, requisitions, inventory management to reporting, ensuring uninterrupted supply, proper use, and timely and accurate reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and implementation support to the county governments in management of HIV and TB related drug commodities.
- Participate in the county commodity technical working groups and support commodity forecasting, quantification, and planning to ensure uninterrupted supply of commodities.
- Participate in capacity building of the county health personnel for effective management of HIV and TB related drug commodities resulting in quality health care services.
- Collaborate with county and sub-county pharmacy teams to strengthen drug commodity management systems and practices in supported facilities.
- Support facilities through mentorship to enhance their capacity to manage HIV and TB related drugs including proper inventory management and timely reporting for replenishment.
- Monitor and report facility progress in implementation of pharmacy related improvement projects and recommendations identified during assessments and supervisory visits.
- Implement strong and robust logistical management information systems for HIV and TB related drug commodities including webADT for commodity management and reporting.
- Strengthen monthly timely and accurate reporting of antiretroviral and other drugs by ensuring zero stock outs.
- Support monthly data review of quality performance indicators.
- Monitor and evaluate appropriateness of facility quality control plans and practices.
- Develop relevant reports as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy
- Current registration with Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- More than five (5) years’ hands on experience in a similar position with a donor funded projects
- Experience and training in management of HIV and TB related commodities
- Professional training in Public Health or Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards
- Knowledge of quality control practices and procedures within a hospital, patient care, or registry environment
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 13TH January 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “SUPPLY CHAIN LEAD” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.