Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req23511
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
Senior Supply Chain Officer is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and functions necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of planning, procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management.
The Senior Supply Chain Officer is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain function to ensure efficient procurement, fleet, warehousing and administration and delivery of supply chain functions in field office.
To provide all necessary Supply Chain support to the Supply Chain Coordinator and field coordinator to enable field project activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to the Global IRC’s Supply Chain Manual.
Supply Chain Planning
The Senior Supply Chain Officer is responsible for working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective supply chain planning and preparation to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes –
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Supply Chain Coordinator for planning, organizing and developing the long-term strategy and approach of IRC Supply chain.
- Develop procurement plans for active grants, in collaboration with program Coordinators/Managers and internal and external stakeholders to support program implementation.
- Ensure program teams develop distribution plan for supplies and assets of closed grants in the warehouses.
- Coordinate with supply chain field staff to ensure that there are sufficient spaces in warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure that supply chain department is well operated and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job description.
- Preparing procurement plans, warehousing plans, transport plans and distribution plans.
- Implementing all IRC procurement SOPs
- Develop sourcing strategies and relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis
- Perform Market Analyses by collecting, organizing and analyzing market data and financial reports
- Manage all procurement for the field office
- Ensure that procurements are done in accordance with IRC Policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchases of goods and services are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with IRC Finance and supply chain policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all other procurement files are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with IRC Supply chain Manual and comply with the policies
- Develop and regularly review Grant(s) procurement and distribution plans, ensuring resolution of all related issues collaborating with programs unit leadership.
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategy
- Review PRs, BA and Contracts/ PO prior to sending it to the FC for signature and ensure that a proper record for any procurement act is kept and inventory of used LPOs is maintained for future references.
- Handle Negotiations with suppliers
- Lead the bidding process by developing and issuing request for proposals (RFP) and completing a purchase request process
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, and program staff
- Prepare, review and utilize Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) for purchases
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate supply chain report(s) to inform decision-making process.
- Ensure that all other procurement files are maintained
- Coordinate closely with the Procurement / Logistics Department in Nairobi to ensure that program supplies purchased from Nairobi are delivered in timely fashion.
Inventory, warehousing and Assets Management
- Inventory control, including drug storage, Cold chain, buffer stock, contributions in kind stock (CIK) and food commodities
- Implement the IRC inventory policies with regard to all project Items including cycle count, reporting discrepancies, pharmaceutical quality assurance as well as cold chain policies where applicable.
- Develop and ensure material distribution plans and up-to-date and being adhered to.
- Coordinate inventory disposal procedures
- Placement of the assets maintenance plans as per IRC policies, including repairs and insurance coverage process.
- Conduct Asset needs assessment
- Directly Supervise staff involved in the assets management and records keeping
- Ensure that they keep an updated asset register that’s maintained on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that they keep an updated assets inventory sheet that is maintained on monthly bases.
- Ensure that they track the movement of IRC assets, and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that they keep an up to date filing system for all assets
- Review all monthly asset reports from all field sites
- Handle asset and property disposal, and auction management
- Ensure that grant inventory and asset report is accurate, regularly produced, reviewed and approved before the Grant closing date.
- Directly supervise all Warehouse staff in Dadaab and provide the required technical support to all warehouse staff.
- Ensure that they update stock records on a daily basis both on the prologs and stock cards
- Ensure that warehouse staff follow all stores procedures as well as by other staff.
- Ensure that warehouse staff maintain Controlled access to all IRC stores and ensure that stores premises are secure
- Ensure that the filing system for stores is well maintained by warehouse staff.
- Ensure that an efficient storage and inventory system is maintained by warehouse staff.
- Review monthly stock reports.
- Ensure that all supply chain Policies and Procedures are followed and adhered to in all transactions.
- Do weekly spot checks in field warehouse and maintain a file for the spot check reports.
Logistics and Fleet Operations
The role holder will
- Develop country specific fleet management policies that are consistent with Country department of transport requirements
- Ascertain and ensure adherence to IRC Transport and vehicle policy.
- Dissemination and adherence of the vehicle safety policies by all vehicle users.
- Conduct transport need assessments
- Develop and monitor fleet movement plans, vehicle repairs, drivers’ assignment, vehicle safety, and fuel consumption.
- Develop vehicle management cost analysis
- The fleet legal status (customs clearance, registration, licenses, insurance) are up to date.
- Regular issuance, review, and usage of vehicle monthly reports to inform strategic decision-making process.
- Review monthly vehicle reports outlining fuel usage and maintenance cost per vehicle and motor bikes before sending to Nairobi.
- Provide transport, maintenance, fuel and movement reports
- Identify, document and timely report any IRC procurement deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Ensure all staff (international and national) are familiar and comply fully with the IRC Way policies.
- Implement and sustain segregation duties in procurement and other related functions.
- Review and provide feedback on assigned supply chain reports submitted by country offices.
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Promptly Inform the Supply chain coordinator, Deputy country director and/or County Director any areas of concern or potential or suspected supply chain policy violations.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
- Implement discrete, time-bound Supply Chain initiatives which improve performance or compliance (i.e., implementing post-audit corrective action plan).
Staff Management and Development:
- Support recruitment of Supply Chain staff (written tests and interviews) through the effective utilization of the IRC supply chain competency matrix.
- Ensure each team members’ objectives are set following the organizational unit visions as well as operations context(s).
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired supply chain staff, in designated countries.
- Assess supply chain staff competency and training gaps and develop appropriate intervention programs
- Deliver Training and Professional development programs
- Coordinate training and maintain training records.
Technical Management & Systems:
- Participate in the development and implementation of ERP, BvA and other Supply Chain systems and, when necessary, SC standard Operating Procedures.
Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- In collaboration with the health team, ensure forecasts and supply planning for pharmaceutical supply are created for all health projects by project start date.
- With the guidance and support from global pharma leadership develop a supply strategy for the supply of pharmaceuticals (global, regional, national) including freight.
- Ensure the IRC standard pharmaceutical inventory tracking tool is in place and accurately maintained in each location
- Ensure implementation IRC pharmaceutical quality assurance policy, associated SOPs and procedures for Cold Chain best practice in the warehouse and in local transport.
- Ensure adequate drugs management and transportation tool and materials are available for the effective management of drugs.
Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular relationships with regional and country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Deputy Director of Operations and Project Coordinators/Mangers. Actively participate in global and regional supply chain, conferences, and leading sessions as required.
External: May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain, logistics or related field
- Advanced professional certification in supply chain management preferably, CIPS and/or emergency response management strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in handling humanitarian supply chain in international NGO 3 of which should be at senior level.
- Strong ERP roll out and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and roll-out supply chain policy and SOPs.
- Clear training, coaching and mentoring ability.
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor.
- Committed team player.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Have a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under sometimes extreme hardship conditions against tight deadlines.
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, HF and VHF radios.
- Ability to lead teams
- Change management
- Risk management
- Decision-making capability
- Cross-Functional collaboration
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strategic thinking
- Result Focus
- Effective Communication
- Problem-Solving ability
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.